1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[360] Entombers..../termites.... what do you think

Discussion in 'Builder' started by PlasmaBunny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

:bird: Entomber: a builder who burys theirselves in stone for defence..
    Termite: a builder who encases themselves in stone at the base of an enemy tower taking out the tower with no worries about enemy attacks whatsoever.... and you cant to sh*t to them because they constantly repair their shield with the stone from your towers

How infuriated do you guys get when you have a termite destroy your brilliant tower :QQ:
    i tell you what if i see termites inside their little bubble happily chewing away at my tower without any threat of enemy :p

what do you guys think of this tactic

my opinion: :>:(::bird: DAMN TERMITES IN MAH TOWER

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Just because it's annoyingly effective doesn't make it invalid. There are tower designs which are much harder to take down via this tactic, and really, anything that encourages people not to just build slab towers (not as big a problem as it used to be, granted) is a good thing.

allknowingfrog and Riletyface like this.
  3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

It rarely works if someone notices you and isn't completely lazy.

Anything the game lets you do is a valid tactic but this just seems like a waste of time compared to things you could be doing.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  4. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

nah ive noticed termites hundreds of time had a group of 3 builders trying to get in he constantly repaired the wall he only died when an archer shot him through the wall

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Key part: he died. How many times have you seen this actually work? Frustrating, yes, but effective? Uh...

Then again, I only bother with gold servers anymore. *shrug*

6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

End of the day if you have more builders then they do and a couple of archers or a knight with a well timed bomb then they're fucked, you just need a bit of coordination and general teamwork. The only way builders get into this situation is if they've either dug their way to your tower, which you should be more aware of, or they've buried into the base of your tower from close by, which means their team have covered their builders well enough to not get a bomb dropped at their feet or got gangraped by archers, or your team simply hasn't had enough people to defend your towers, either way it's a situation that takes some work to get in or some generally bad defending.

Chinizz likes this.
  7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Entombers are quite bothersome at the end of a game. Example; We slaughtered the entire red team save for one lucky red builder who managed to grab our flag and get away. We had the red flag, but couldn't cap it... Because he entombed himself with the flag. It was very, very, very, very, VERY infuriating.

Termites, aka stone bubbling, is annoying as well because if they're fully stocked with stone and you have nothing but derp builders on your team, prepare to lose a tower or two.

I just hope that they introduce entombment suffocation soon. The sooner people are discouraged from doing shit like that, the better.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

That sure doesn't sound like luck to me. Sounds like your team wasn't paying attention.

I can't wait for all these new bugs!!! Server setting please.

Gofio likes this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

It is gonna be a server side option, if I remember what Geti said correctly.

Either that, or he said he liked the idea of incremental repairs, meaning it would take as long to repair a block as it does to destroy it. This would pretty much eliminate entombers AND termites/bubbling.

10. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

You weren't there jack. We were absolutely trouncing red, but because of the entombers they came within an inch of winning. We were up 40 lives to 0. They held on valiantly and whittled our builders trying to root out the entombers down to 0 lives as well.

Basically red base looked like Baghdad with two shops amidst a skeleton of a main base with a half dozen craters on the way to it. The game should have been over a long, long time ago, but two builders and an archer shooting through walls prolonged the game for a good 15 minutes because they were protected behind a 5 tile wide stone tomb with the flag. They almost won, too...

But termites are destroyed by a good team and back-walled towers. Just back-wall your towers and link them to others, seriously.

11. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

Termites are annoying yes, and I have recently worked together (as a knight) with two builders and an archer, part of an anti termite task force. It was consistently effective to keep the pressure on with two builders, the archer whittling down his health, and I was keeping them safe from the occasional knight from red making over the walls. This was one builder and it was his exclusive tactic, as we were turtling, and instead of taking over our towers, which we were able to take back every time the enemy got footing on them. This I saw as an annoying, but necessary tactic to push his team forward and keep them out of an archer killbox. These termites are usually the leftovers of a enemy push, where a supporting builder, seeing that the push is faltering, entombs himself in the walls as his allies retreat around him. This usually creates a good time to get him out of the stonework before his allies push again. But once they are in are practically useless to do anything else, and it is usually a sure bet that they won't make it out alive.

:castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :huh?::castle_wall:

12. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Then, it is apparent that you have not played a game against Snickering Gentlemen. He's a beast.

Asterix, SARGRA13, cykalu and 2 others like this.
  13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

How does an exceptional player successfully utilizing an ineffective tactic invalidate anything Meatball and I have said?

14. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Countering termites with ComboBreaker!

First of all you will need at least 2-3 builders to get a termite(2-3 players to get one,balance).If at least 2 builders are plundering at termite he won't have time to spoil your structure and will be forced to constantly repair his shield.
    Concentrate on the same block as your partner(usually higher one) and prepare a teamdoor on your left mouse button.

Whenever you break a stone block which is getting repaired by a termite,immediately place a teamdoor on it,and push yourself forward to open the door.Opened door cannot be broken or replaced with stone - now termite has 1 less block to repair.Concentrate on the second block while still pushing forward.

I've killed like 10 termites this way.

15. FG

FG Fran Donator

if they're tunnelling in or under the tower i just get a bomb go to the end of the tunnel and throw the bomb while shielding. if they block themselves in the tower there isn't much you can do but replace the last block thats standing.

16. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

Team bridges works as well if they're in very confined space with limited movement, they'll be unable to hit the bridge while facing downwards.
    While it does not make you vulnerable to attack, as you'll be in range if you're to stand at the door. Sometimes it bugs so you cant hit them, but they can hurt you.

AnRK and Beef like this.
  17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Clever, I guess even if it doesn't work in it intended way, at least it gives you a small amount of time to bomb the termite infestation.

18. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

*Cough* Add a flame bomb that fills tunnels *Cough*

19. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I don't see the problem with "Termites", both teams have the capabilities to do this tactic.
    The other day on the "Australian Official Server" I was being a termite, and because everyone dropped there mats I could easily get 250 stone, and I actually had a lot of fun doing this, with the other team swearing abusively at me, till when we were in the pre-game build thay are saying things like.
    "Everyone, make your building Ghozt proof." ETC.
    I did this for a few games, and you know what, we won every round from when I started till I left, but what do you guys have against this tactic?
    Also reassuring what Eggnogg said Snick knows this tactic so well, and does it so well, most people say, "I'm going for a snick." ETC. but one time I tried it against him, and he knew how to counteract it super well, and I will tell you, all he did was spam the hell out of backwall, till the point were I just took cyanide and went knight, so don't re-place stine blocks because that just stalls your time, where you could be maintain the towers.

20. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

Many people such as myself dont appreciate Termites, even though they're a good strategy, its a cheap strategy.

GHOZT likes this.