1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[360] Entombers..../termites.... what do you think

Discussion in 'Builder' started by PlasmaBunny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

It ain't cheap as time devoted into that tactic could be used elsewhere with greater efficiency, such as putting ladders against a tower and bringing your team over, or fortifying the base. It is much easier and not as time consuming to defend against termite tactic by placing background tiles or repair existing rock tiles at every 6/7 HP, than it is execute one.

2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Majority of the casual player find it cheap because its extremely annoying to rip the termite out of your tower. Definitely sincehe usually has enough stone to repair the 1 block thick wall between your team and him, if having enough stone, he could sit in a teams tower and sabotage it for quite a while.

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

despite all evidence to the contrary...

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. DustStorm

DustStorm Shipwright

I ve seen these players before, sometimes in the middle of undermining a tower, and the tower is about to fall, you can usually do this:
    A: make a door at the end of your tower, if they make a door at the other side of the tower BLOCK IT WITH STONE so that more enemy knights cant get through. Or
    B: You could make back wall support. Link it to the next tower or spread them out through out the ground, so that it is difficult to undermine it.

5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Being a termite is one of the best strategies a offensive builder can have and Probably the most effective

GHOZT likes this.
  6. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

There is a different thread on this very subject HERE.

//edit from Kouji: I fixed your link Wyeth, it was broken :P.

7. c-man

c-man Catapult Fodder

:bison::zchicken::skeleton::shad:
    </br>--- merged: Apr 16, 2012 11:42 PM ---</br>
    I don't see the problem with "Termites", both teams have the capabilities to do this tactic.
    The other day on the "Australian Official Server" I was being a termite, and because everyone dropped there mats I could easily get 250 stone, and I actually had a lot of fun doing this, with the other team swearing abusively at me, till when we were in the pre-game build thay are saying things like.
    "Everyone, make your building Ghozt proof." ETC.
    I did this for a few games, and you know what, we won every round from when I started till I left, but what do you guys have against this tactic?
    Also reassuring what Eggnogg said Snick knows this tactic so well, and does it so well, most people say, "I'm going for a snick." ETC. but one time I tried it against him, and he knew how to counteract it super well, and I will tell you, all he did was spam the hell out of backwall, till the point were I just took cyanide and went knight, so don't re-place stine blocks because that just stalls your time, where you could be maintain the towers.

8. CoD

CoD Haxor

Haters gonna hate but I am the BIGGEST termite of all time, I make sure knights cover me and rush in encase myself in stone and take out their tiwer.
    Though I do find it frustrating when I get shot theough a wall.

9. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Yeah thats the one thing that always gets me whenever i termite some archer thinks its cool to glitch kill me

also if someone is termiting and doesn't support their cover with back walls just throw a bomb around the middle and watch it fall on him

10. Snickering-Gentlemen

Snickering-Gentlemen Shipwright

Burrowing (termites/ entombers ), Cheap? Hahaha, All things in KAG are cheep because of the low price of the game.

Regardless, when your team won’t fight or can't fight you got to do the work yourself, so you burrow into their tower and eat it from the inside out to bring the tower down.There are indeed ways to stop one from burrowing into a tower, just use your head (not glitch using).

But I must agree with cykalu and Jackard it is better to put such effort else where like helping the team over a wall or under a wall. Through a wall should be left as last option unless you think otherwise then by all means take a year to do so.

GHOZT and Cheesemaster66 like this.
  11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Who came up with the term termite, it's a terrible term for the tactic...

That said it can be stupid effective if done right.

As for backwall that's a joke, if you are doing it right the backwall just helps you.

Connecting a bridge on top is the best method, although its also easily taken care of.

The only real problem with this are bitch ass archers shooting through the stone.

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I hate termites, yet i am one myself <3

KnightGabe13, Filio and GHOZT like this.
  13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

no one who cares saw me do it :B):

GHOZT likes this.
  14. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

From Termite discussion thread to Termite appreciation thread. I would really like to figure a way to counter termites. (That doesnt have to do with the stupid "shooting through walls archer shit")

GHOZT likes this.
  15. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

back walls... back walls everywhere.. then get a knight to camp his ass while digging towards him[as a builder], throw a few bombs kay done, fortify.
    Building a wide tower [not the mere 4-6 block wide, by 8+ wide] with good foundation, esp on solid green tiles where the backend of the tower is laid on the green [key point, as it gives you the opportunity to kill them while they're inside], is one major way to lengthen the time it takes for them and hopefully make them think twice about it termiting through that.

The thing is, termite destruction takes way too much time to be effective in the long term as they could be helping their team out in other ways, assuming that they have sufficient skills. But if your structures are of weak integrity whereby it takes less than a minute to take down, then whoever built the tower should learn how to build properly; taking into considerations of the benefits for archers, against bombs[possibly kegs], against termites, against arrow/laddering up, catapults fire, combat efficiency [arrow/heal shop within or nearby]. It is a challenge, but it can be done.

GHOZT likes this.
  16. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I say that to counter termites is to not make really thick walls, before they were needed because people would smash at your walls with bombs and catapults but bombs have been nerfed and catapults are used less (need of gold?) So have your building be hollow with shops or archer nest inside or something.

17. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

When i'm a battle builder, towers get instantly decimated.

All because i put a single stone block in front of my tunnel.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Build better buildings.

Here's what I do when I want to make a counter strategy:
    Pop up a testing server
    Grab a few friends
    Brainstorm
    Live test

19. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I find them annoying because its nigh impossible to get to them.
    If repairing was in increments, like building, then it would be diffrent, obviously.
    Imho, if something is impossible to counter, even with a good team, its a irritating tactic.
    (Then think of it with a BAD team)
    Anyway, very annoying.
    But connecting towers high up usually helps.

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Counter to termites? Meh, just let them collapse the tower if they really want too, then they die quicker that way.

(on a more serious note:)

Bridges, if you get a corner open at any time, spam as many bridges as close to the termite as possible. Usually the bridges will open, thus they can't insta magick a block into place.

If you use Strathos repairable tower design, you shouldn't have too much problem with termites. (If you're hanging around repairing the tower).

Another thing you could do (done this before too), is you could cut off the bottom section of your tower, to do this you start cutting the tower above them, and backwall from the ground (or adjacent tower) up above where you're cutting, so then you end up collapsing part of the tower on them, after they're dead you can pickup the rubble and rebuild.

Killing them with the arrow glitch is NEVER an option.

Beef likes this.