1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG crashes after I brought the full game.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by goldfish8, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldfish8

goldfish8 Catapult Fodder

Hi
    I originally downloaded the demo for KAG off Desura. I then brought the game. Once it finished downloading the rest of the files for the full version I opened it and it says: On Windows Vista/7 please run the game as administrator or reinstall the the game into a simple folder like C:\KAG. It then asks me wether I want to send an error report.
    Rememeber I brought it off Desura and I already redownloaded and reinstalled KAG.I also restarted the PC. it worked fine before I brought the full version.
    Can a staff member or anyone please help. I cannot play KAG at all.

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You mean bought. Brought is taking something from one physical location to the next in the past tense. Bought is buying something past tense. Also, it's "whether", not "wether".

Lettuce be cereal here, and move on. Have you tried running it as admin then? Right click, select run as..., and see what happens.

Crashty likes this.
  3. goldfish8

Okay
    sorry for my bad gammer but I just was worried. Because I bought it off Desura when i right click it it just says things like: Properties,version,verify files, and a few other things but no run as admin. Even on the desktop shortcut, it just says properties,rename,delete. I have no idea how to run it in admin.

4. Beef

No worries dude.

Hmm, where does Desura save games on your computer? Go there, find it, find the kag.exe, run as? Do you still have your code for premium? If so, I'm fairly sure you don't need to run it via Desura at all. You can download it clean here, put it wherever you like, and see if it works there.

There is a few crash bugs going around however, so if this doesn't work I'll pass it on to the devs. Sound good?

5. goldfish8

Hey
    I'm not sure what happened but now I can get it without it saying I need to run it as administrator. But now I have a different problem. When i go inot the game through Desura it still thinks I havent bought the full game. Even though its version says it is full. I have a CD key for KAG, where do I put it to get the full version off the KAG website?
    </br>--- merged: Apr 17, 2012 11:03 PM ---</br>
    Oh and also on Desura it gave me the CD key and said that the game will ask for it when I play. It never asked me for the key, so thats why it doesn't see me as premium. But I'm not sure why it doesn't ask me to put my CD key in.

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

7. goldfish8

Okay so i activated my CD key. Do i just go to the download section and download it? Will it be the full version?

8. Beef

Just log in and play. It'll autoupdate.

9. goldfish8

Yes!!! It worked! I can now play KAG full version! Thank you both so much.

Crashty likes this.
  10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No prob. problem solved thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.