1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

YES I WILL!

Croatian democratic union here i come!You may have just started a war!

Acavado and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

First and foremost,
    my sincere gratitude for the renowned "KAG tip". :)

I understand that people can be trolls and can be unique in their own way.
    Life is as diverse as it comes, and I'm certain that the way of living, personality, character, ... are all related to these factors as we evolve trough the stages of our life. :)

And whether it be a troll or someone special, both will be fun to deal with in their own way. ^^
    Each situation calls for an unique solution and so do responses to people. Most certainly I'm aware that some forms of social situations might feel unnatural or uneasy to some, but I enjoy them non the less and find them interesting at the same time. :)

As a response to your question;
    It would honestly be: "whatever I feel like at the time."
    I am a university student, so studying is one of the things I enjoy doing.
    Honestly though, I like studying all kinds of things and not only for university. For example, I study music, alternative medicine, languages, cars, ... just to name a few.

Sports would be another favorite of mine too. I enjoy Freerunning, Budokai-do (fighting sport) and a more urban type of American Football me and my friends created. I enjoy going out, exploring and traveling too. Basically I love change and discovering new things. Though I do believe that discipline, culture, rituals and traditions are important too.

On that note, I obviously adore art. Paintings, Architects, Music, Literature, Drawings, ... They all spark my affectionate interest. I do tend to lean away from arts made during the 20th century when it comes to paintings, literature, sculptures and architects. Of course there are exceptions, but these are minimal.

I game from time to time, but as games became more expensive and more repetitive, I started to play new games less and return to the older games. Before the styles of gaming where more diverse as "rules" weren't really settled in yet, the creators had to put thought into the game and not recycle a story a thousand times told, fitted with the everyday shooter type game play and promoted with improved visuals and sound (copy-pasta works). What I seek in modern time games would be story and game play. Either type are good, and both combined I find terrific. The visuals or sound are just extra bonuses for me, same as they used to be when I was growing up.

The internet is obviously another passionate time expense as it has a unstoppable source of knowledge. But that should be obvious as in this day and age, I hardly doubt that people would prefer life without internet as society sort of forces you to be active trough the web.

I believe that would be somewhat a conclusion of what I do when I'm not KAGing, apart from eating and sleeping of course, both amazing as well.

So I hope this sort of answers your question; I apologize if I went into too much detail, but as you most certainly know, life isn't easily concluded. :)

- GrimWaltz

Acavado likes this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah! By the sounds of it you are a proto-polyhistor like myself! Excellent! :D

There are too few men of wide and considered taste in the world today...

4. GrimWaltz

I agree :)

People are to easily satisfied. Not that it's a bad thing, but if one can enjoy the simplicity, one must also enjoy the complexity. The biggest factor I believe in this development is laziness.

I too have times I wish to just simply be a sloth, but at others I wish to advance and won't quit until I mastered what I wished to master.

Being a polyhistor just adds another fun factor in life, as every new discovery changes your view and opinion in the world. Of course with more knowledge, comes more power and more responsibility. As knowledge can make your world dull and grey, as it seem meaningless.

So always being flexible and attentive is the message. :)

And, aww :( you closed the "zoom out" thread... I was typing a post only to find that it couldn't post as the thread was closed :p

Oh well, means I need to learn to hurry up more. :p

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. echo_trail

echo_trail Catapult Fodder

Hey folks.

Decided to check KAG out and I kinda liked what I found. Might hang around the forums here as well. I do miss the forum scene..

illu likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Hello there bunny.

7. GrimWaltz

Hi Bunny!
    Nice to meet you. :)

Welcome and enjoy your stay :p
    The forum's filled with a lot of interesting stuff and it's a good place to relax from KAGing or any other activity. :)

8. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Don't listen to him bunny, he is just a bit creepy. :up:

9. echo_trail

echo_trail Catapult Fodder

Thanks fellas. Do see a lot of the oldies from the sf forums. 'tis good indeed.

10. GrimWaltz

My dear fellow, I'm certain that the slant in differential between our statuses might seem terrifying at the very least to the likes of you, but be not afraid.
    One might even say that your dissident and corrupted spelling harbors more the spring of fear than a friendly greeting such as mine at the very beginning of a younglings charge within the realms of the KAG forums and enjoyment installations.
    So as far as my sinister character might be affecting this post, I'm certain non of the above should be addressed for blatant accusations of horrible mischief. :)

11. PrisonMax

PrisonMax King Arthur's Cake Donator

Hey there! I'm new around here so I said I would just drop in and say hi, not sure if this topic is set in the correct location. Anyway, I discovered KAG a few days ago through a random video on youtube, and ever since I have been addicted. I feel that this game should be way more popular than it is atm.. and I will do what I can to spread the word

To the devs, keep doing what you are doing, thank you for this amazing game, I will be sticking around! See you guys on the battlefield! :p

//Edit From Kouji: moved to right section.

12. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Hello.

I'm old.

13. kkflarg

kkflarg Bison Rider

0-0 hi......im new....to the forum...X3

Chinizz likes this.
  14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Is that the.. shiva.. shiba.. shina.. or whatever 6-hand monster in your signature?

Also, welcome.

15. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Hello! I'm new, call me Fate (Also known as Fate_ on IRC). I have already bought the game and it rocks :p
    Also, people on IRC were very helpful on providing tips, so cheers to them!

16. Wired

Wired Liberated Signature Monkey Donator

Hai guys, just thought I would pop in and say I'm new here and you will likely see me milling around "Other" for a while. See you around :)

17. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

So I have been inactive for quite some while, granted i dropped in to see what was going on... but I generally didnt play for about a month. Work and other games tends to do that to you. But now when I decided to boot up KAG again and play......I wonder why did I left in the first place.

18. Bleedy

Bleedy Catapult Fodder

Hey, I'm Bleedy. I'm pretty new here, only been playing for a few days now. Just bought the full version today, but I've enjoyed the game so far and look forward to gaining more experience and getting acquainted with the community.

19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Hello Le delankski here,
    Joined and Bought Full Date: May 08,2012
    SLR. BTW Sry for being troll hir.
    jst wnt 2 intrdce my slf , k bb!

20. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

I guess I could say I'm "back"! I'm a little late but I finally woke up from my kag hibernation. :)

Mods: Gurin