1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Ettiquette; Be Kind To Your Mates!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Apr 19, 2012.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

hey i dont like profanity filter they can be very annoying like saying assassin while censoring the ass's. What about if we give hats to anyone with a forum account and who follows certain requirements. (stupid tf2 logic)

2. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea but not all filters are like that but, still not all of them are perfect theres always a few kinks and glitches with them :/ so yeah i see wut your saying

Lol i think were going off topic.

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

not exactly off topic as we are trying to people to go onto the forum and read this thread and have better proper ettiquete

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Cursing isn't the issue. The issue is if someone becomes offended and you continue. It's a lack of respect, and it needs to be addressed. I swear CONSTANTLY, but if someone is bothered I do my best to tone it down. This is very rare, however.

5. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

First of all, I agree with your resource issue, one person at a time, but if I play builder and archers are hogging all the trees I will ask in chat to use the tree.

Second, I am at fault of this one, sometimes when I play builder I don't see the archer in the tree, but if I do i will avoid hitting it. There is a second issue to this though, closer to the middle of a normal map (not floating, no pillars of earth.) Trees are scarce, and if I need resources and the archer in in the only tree for miles around I have no choice, in all except the most dire of situations I will always warn the archer.

Third, I swear as little as possible, I attempt to put together coherent sentences made of actual words but when a tide of red/blue is coming at you like a bomb throwing tsunami I don't care what I say as long as I get the point across. I don't mind swearing but people arguing over the issue makes it seem like the comments section of a youtube video. I agree with what you do if someone gets offended, the issue is immature people who think because there is no chat filter it gives them the right to say what they please, regardless of others.

Finally, Some people will never listen, either that and on some non premium servers 12 year olds who only think they know what they're talking about will give bad advice because even if you are doing it right, you're not doing it their way. My advice for those who need to know what to do is ask someone whose name is green, if not go with gold.

Just my take on your grievances.

6. keane

keane Horde Gibber

One of my worst enemies. Also, when a tree is beside a building I'm trying to traverse to get to the front lines from the main base and a builder keeps cutting it down. Due to this, I can't get past since archers automatically latch to the tree and, consequently, I can't get past it until the builder is done chopping.

7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

That is irritating as fuck. Can't believe I forgot that one!

8. crawfish

Yes when ever im archer thats annoying as hell.

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

This thread is the kind of thing I like to see. It makes me realize that I could be nicer to people more often, and that's definitely a good thing.

10. crawfish

Yep thanks for sharing bone. :)

11. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Most of the time when someone does something utterly stupid i tend to get annoyed quickly. My paitence runs thin and i forget all the proper manners. If it were a real thing i would most likely beat them in the head with a large stick. Seems like thats the only thing people understand sometimes. Prehaps the wood issue could be solved if the dev's modified it a little. Adding an extra set of ten wood in each one block section would help. Also, the server owners could make the trees taller behind the bases for extra wood. And lastly faster tree growth may help as well.

12. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

The worst thing is when people stay somewhere they can't get you like a coward. Then when you go say that you want a fight they come out and type kill you. This is FUCKING annoying. If you do this you are an ASSHOLE. Got it? So don't use jerk tactics like that, it's not what the game was ment for.