1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Post-Birthday Developments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

So, after the smoke cleared and we cleaned up the cake crumbs, we got straight back into development.

(Note that a build with these changes hasn't been released yet)

Some things that have been fixed:
    • Fixed bot archers not shooting arrows in multiplayer
    • Fixed wraith explosion over network
    • Fixed zombie position desync
    • Fixed particles not spawning when inside a solid block (important for kegs/wraiths)
    • Wall hugging doesn't occur on ladder
    • Builder AI doesn't rambo quite as hard (still needs a lot of work...)
    • Fixed build tutorial typo
    • Fixed some HUD readout bugs
    • Fixed trees heal when they get to the base (no more double-harvesting arrows)
    • Fixed crash in menu when no player exists
    • Fixed arrows going through walls
    • Fixed body throwing sometimes killing the thrower
    • Fixed archer stomping people (sorry archers)
    • Fixed shield adding velocity on ground
    • Fixed coins from frozen players
    • Fixed (I think) custom heads for non-guard non-admins (basically just pawel)
    • Reduced amount of coins from shooting catas

Some things that have been added:
    • Spectator mode (still has some issues and needs the underlying mechanic reworked to not affect gameplay balance)
    • Synced Messages + Bubbles on net (Migrant says hello and frowns when getting eaten by zombies)
    • Workshops now cost 2 wood per tile in CTF and making them into actual shops costs 50 wood (no stone required) to leave more building mats.
    • Lots of game variables bound to rules file
    The last one is fairly important for server owners and people interested in game balance - you can change how long attacks take, how much stun they give, how long building takes, the thresholds for fall damage... lots of things. Be sure to bug me about things that are missing (damage from attacks and arrow speed among them) - I'm considering opening up what tiles each class can attack in the class config file as well (so people can try games with knights that cant break anything or knights that can break everything, or even archers breaking through solid stone).

There's some other stuff going on behind the scenes but zombies mode is becoming more stable over the internet - we've still got to add migrants as a respawn option (because its a massive pain as it stands to die and be stuck spectating for 15 mins as the last 2 players cling to life).

Our server guys, Joe and Ryan are still working on getting the build server up which would allow us to push changes to testers as soon as they're complete (no tiresome multiple building and uploading, hurrah!) - we're hoping it'll be done next week. As it stands testing is still relatively up to date (testers, get your asses ingame) and bug hunting has been refined to use mantis properly (thanks to Ryan again for getting that in gear and overseeing it).

In short, its been a pretty productive week. Hopefully we can iron out the major kinks and release this build tonight (no promises though)

Geti

Supershot4, Redigit, Rayne and 16 others like this.
  2. Awesome! Good work :P The server options are awesome! And a spectator mode, we don't have to take up a space to moderate people anymore :D Thanks!

3. MooCowMan

MooCowMan Shopkeep Stealer

Sweet, sounds good KAG Team. Any approximate ETA on an official release of multiplayer zombies, or too soon to tell? Seems like these bug fixes are laying a good groundwork.

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...:(
    I liked that feature...
    Really? I will be excited to test this out.
    Yeah, I reported that one. (0000239)
    Do you have the option to switch between spectator and player in the middle of game?
    That sounds...like it's going to be very hard to explain on the wiki. :huh?:
    With so many possible mods, I will be further confused by what's official and what isn't.
    :eek:Yes please. (Wait..."tonight" for you can be more that twelve hours from now...:QQ:)

xChapx and inactive_account like this.
  5. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Oh sweet! That spectator mode is something I've been dreaming about! I reckon it will make it easier to moderate servers with that implemented. Scary looking moderators sitting there, watching your every move!

Very nice changes, can't wait for the next build. A lot of great fixes, archer stomping you to death or shooting you through a solid wall. Great job!

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  6. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

"Tonight, I want everything - Tonight!" :)

greyfox likes this.
  7. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Ahh the spectator mode! It will be so fun to watch out griefers and it will be a plus to make some videos to promote KAG gameplay! Moreover, arrows through walls were so annoying !

Geti, i have a question : are we still able to pick bombs on floor or do you remove that trick ?

Again, nice job for the next build!

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

FINALLY SPECTATOR MODE!

*bows down in awe* Now our job as guards is a million times easier!

9. lolguy

lolguy Shipwright

thank geti for fixing the zombie multiplayer achers :)

what the bison attack :bison::bison::bison::bison::bison::migrant:

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"Geti, i have a question : are we still able to pick bombs on floor or do you remove that trick ?" - you still can, but its affected more by lag for some reason at the moment.

The MP archers is a nice fix, they still dont play nicely with lag (they see you teleporting a bit and can't get a good "bead" on you) but its at least possible for them to shoot now (which is a blessing for co-op).

Zombies build wont be tonight (technically, though the hacked servers will probably notice some improvements) but spectator + the pile of fixes is big enough for a release so we're polishing it up.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

good jobs guys i really love KAG its the best the free game i have seen i age so good i got premium
    Keep up the good work and i'll see you fellow KAGer's online

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

test version = mad fun.

Can't say i like the new material thing though :/

13. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Dead bodies occasionally killing people? I've been killed more so then by my own throwing then archers landing on me after I hit the tree they were on, and thats saying something XD.

Anyway, really happy you guys are being so faithful to us, the amount of updates and attention the game is constantly getting is so good, and it really means a lot.

I'll miss seeing AI builders throw themselves at me only to die in the dozens from power strikes, though.

Wonkyth likes this.
  14. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

This kind of scares me a bit. Well, it scares me a lot for pretty obvious reasons. A lot of people I've met have some ridiculous opinions on balance (such as stuns) that might weasel their way into individual servers giving each server entirely different gameplay.

I think you guys mentioned that you were working on a server filter for servers with modded class mechanics or something. Will that accompany this change?

P.S. I pray I can play knight again without losing my mind because of how broke it is :(

15. Aer

Aer Shipwright

Pumped to play the fixes. Archers rock and I'm glad to see you balancing them to work better

16. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

By the way, if you plan on changing the amount of coins by hitting catas you may as well do the outposts too, especially because they're invulnerable half the time.

17. EventlessGreen

EventlessGreen Catapult Fodder

dang it geti!
    Why did i have to miss out on my chance to be in the testers by 30 seconds??? WHYYYY?????

kiddin', im not really that rage-ish about it, but if any spots open up plzzzzz count me in :)

18. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Cool stuff! There's finally a spectator mode too :).

19. knightl

knightl Base Burner

the only thing I don't look forward too

20. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

I don't even remember that one.