1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for input on a small change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FliesLikeABrick, Apr 23, 2012.

?

What should the MOVE! taunt be?

1. Move

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Move!

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. MOVE!

32 vote(s)
    42.7%
  4. Please Move!

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

https://bugs.kag2d.com/view.php?id=84

In case you don't want to log in to view that --

All it is is a small change to change the 'MOVE!' taunt to 'Move!' or 'Move' so that it isn't "yelling" in all caps.

Thoughts? It's a small tweak and really it comes down to what most people would prefer.

I'll make the change today or tomorrow probably, so please vote/comment

2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Please move!

Polite and for all ages.

GHOZT and Contrary like this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

'Move!' sounds okay, but I do find that 'MOVE!' really gets those asses moving.

'Please move!' is too long to read and means they will take longer, given how they're already in your way, I don't want them having to read more, they're already usually retarded.

4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I believe that I feel the same as BlueLuigi on the matter.

"MOVE" really gets your point across, it catches attention and does it job well. However, "Move!" feels cleaner to me, if you understand what I mean.

Not sure if the effectiveness of the taunt would increase or decrease with a change. As long as it is kept at one word I am fine with it.

5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

You can always try GTFO :|

allknowingfrog likes this.
  6. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I voted Please Move; it's hardly what I'd call long-winded, and being polite gets them on your side!

7. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

When someone reads "move" or "move!" their brain automatically translates it to "i should move away".
    But when they see "MOVE!" then their brain goes all like "OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HE SAID MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS"

So i'd say let's keep "MOVE!". The point of that is to move people away, and it works. So let's not fix what ain't broken!

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

MOVE, please.

The best of both worlds. Direct and to the point while also being polite.

9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I generally give people the benefit of the doubt when they're in the way depending on the situation, but I'll go straight for MOVE! personally if it's something that vitally needs doing asap, I politely thank them for getting the fuck out of my way afterward if they aren't a dick about it. I'd personally like to see an emote that conveyed this sort of point point somehow cos that'd be much quicker and more uniform, like :ladder: is pretty much universally accepted as a plea to get up an enemy/badly built friendly fortification or whatever, something that's easily understood and can be extended to have a few meaning dependent on context.

Chinizz likes this.
  10. Yihka

Yihka Shopkeep Stealer

Apart from that, "MOVE!" sounds the best to what you want it to do, however "Move!" sounds a bit more polite, which might be actually the best thing to do

11. BlueLuigi

You need it to get across right the first time, there is no reason to force politeness or add please.
    Having to press it multiple times won't get the point across and if anything the escalation will make people think you are being rude because you went out of your way to do the 'all caps' version.

Should be an exclamation mark in there at some point, grabs the attention of readers.

Please, move! would only work at all if there was a default color change to that specific command so that it stood out more, but if anything with the way people rarely respond, toning it down will not help deal with pubs, and if they are offended by anyone not saying please they should probably just stop being bad.

12. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

IF YOU DO NOT MOVE YOUR SORRY ASS RIGHT THIS MOMENT I WILL BUY A KEG, LIGHT IT, AND CHASE YOU WITH IT!

I have always wanted to say this. :)

But in all honesty, either Please move! or Move! but not all caps because like above, it could be seen as too harsh for the situation.

13. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

can we get a taunt for NOW! so i can say this NOW! or MOVE! NOW!
    too harsh my poor little feelings. demn noobs shall feel mah wrath. now MOVE!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

"Move bitch get out da way" is my preferred phrasing.

Fellere825, Boxpipe, Arcrave and 9 others like this.
  15. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

I use "Get the fuck out of the way" (GTFOOTW, what people usually tell me and GTFO)

FlyingGroundhog likes this.
  16. Nigger_Proof

Nigger_Proof Catapult Fodder

I propose it'd be, "Stop standing in the fire, holy priest!"

Uhhh but I really tink it would be move! because it's simple but since there is that ! thing on it it helps say how muchc they need to move!!!

17. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

I like either Move! or Please Move! because they are short and simple and to the point. I mean if you have MOVE! in all caps it looks like you are about to flip the table over and rage quit. Well, you might be but I don't think most of the taunts should reflect that...

which reminds me, table flipping taunt. Get on it now.

18. Creille

Creille Base Burner

yeah I like "Move!"
    Heres a suggestion:
    "GTFO please" it's also best of both worlds :P

GHOZT likes this.
  19. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

I'd say default it to "Move, please!" but allow the taunt to be customizable.

20. BlueLuigi

Best idea ever by Zuboki the god tier fish, allow them to be customized in a xml file or some shit, everyone wins.