1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice
Geti
Home Page:
KAG Developer

Geti

Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead), Male, from Melbourne, Australia

THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the birthday wishes folks - and sorry for the inactivity of the past weeks. We're moving house, hopefully settled by next week! Jan 17, 2018

1. Asu
      Asu
      Hi, Geti.
      I think you need to add horses, because it's more realistic for a medieval game.
      And i think you need to make a best artificial intelligence because this can help you for make a FullCTF single player or building bots, or spawn glitching bots for zombies ( Uh no sorry xD ).
      And i'm creating a modding app for kag ;p
      Thanks, and bye.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Asu
        Asu
        And why not nuke bombs XD
        Jul 1, 2012
      3. KnightGabe13
        KnightGabe13
        You can't take out bombs, they've been here since the dawn of time. But airplanes...

Perhaps horses aren't such a bad idea, but we're already going to have bison.
        Jul 1, 2012
      4. Geti
        Geti
        KAG is not realistic. It is not based in reality. It is what we want it to be, and we don't want airplanes :)
        If we can find time for mounts though, we will. It doesn't add that much in a side-scrolling game though because horses cant climb ladders. Much larger, flatter maps would be needed.
        Jul 2, 2012
    2. KnightGabe13
      KnightGabe13
      Will we see your avatar ingame at any point? Cause I want giant birds to eat my enemies alive. :D
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Haha, maybe. It's technically a rendering of the blue team's emblem, but they haven't really been ingame since the switch team menu was replace (and thank goodness for that happening).
        Jun 30, 2012
    3. TheWids
      TheWids
      Will the boats use the team palette or be like flags. I hope they are separate like the flags.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Anything will be able but not forced to use the team palette but I'm not sure why you'd want blue team colors to stay as blue team colors as that's literally all the teampalette changes. Also they are entirely done by scripting so anything about them can be changed.
        Jun 26, 2012
      2. TheWids
        TheWids
        well, i would make the red teams flag be balc with a skull and cross bones, aswell as there sail. but if they were like knights it would look as good.
        Jun 26, 2012
    4. tlc2011
      tlc2011
      GETI

Y U NO HAVE PREMIUM

Heh.

Rediculous, but still.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Its an old joke ;)
        Jun 22, 2012
      2. tlc2011
        tlc2011
        :|
        Jun 22, 2012
    5. Saverous
      Saverous
      hey geti, just a thing, it may be my computer but the Group tab page is stuffed up. The names and things are all over the page. It may be just my computer but anyways.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        The forums are not my project :) Tell Shadlington.
        Jun 22, 2012
      2. Saverous
        Saverous
        ok thanks, its fixed now anyway
        Jun 23, 2012
    6. The_Khan
      The_Khan
      Hey Geti, have you thought of employing mishKa. He could make heads for you. No offense but he does it much better than you and a lot of people would agree with me, plus you need to worry about doing all of that new stuff like Fire, Boats, and Siege Weapons.

EDIT: Also on the stuff you are planning to make it says 200 different customizations, he could really help with that.
      1. TheWids and Bunnyboy like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The_Khan
        The_Khan
        You'd better believe it. Just because Geti's one of the Devs doesn't mean he's better. I think people are being a bit too bias about it.
        Jun 22, 2012
      4. Geti
        Geti
        No, we don't have the resources to employ more people. More hats will come when they come, I've talked with him about it and some of them might make it into the game or be used for inspiration, but there are quite a few legal issues there that I'm not particularly interested in getting into at the moment.
        Jun 24, 2012
      5. The_Khan
        The_Khan
        OIK, that's fine than. :)
        Jun 24, 2012
    7. lukepop
      lukepop
      KAG comic- the adventure of meow. MEOW HEAD a.k.a. head with some hair and some cat ears poking up.
    8. sj67
      sj67
      My dad is so wait.
    9. Bunnyboy
      Bunnyboy
      Hello!

Just wondering, is it possible to get some of the earlier builds of KAG? because I'm still seeing some people flying around like @!*&$.
      or are they just avoiding the update?
    10. TheWids
      TheWids
      Are you still gonna do 7dfps? Also it would Be cool if the was a head with a big curly chef mustache without any beard or something. :P
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Might, might not - I'm so strapped for time it's unfunny.
        Jun 11, 2012
    11. Rayne
      Rayne
      1. Geti
        Geti
        we established just now that it's when you save on server, no?
        Jun 11, 2012
      2. Rayne
        Rayne
        ye forgot to edit this post.
        Jun 11, 2012
    12. The_Khan
      1. Bunnyboy likes this.
      2. Geti
        Geti
        Haha no i haven't - they should use the castle blocks thing for those stone blocks tbh, rather than the background blocks, but still, cool to see something like that happen.
        Jun 10, 2012
    13. edson12edson
      edson12edson
      I believe in you <3
      1. Geti likes this.
      2. Geti
        Geti
        Cheers :)
        Jun 7, 2012
    14. Harold7
      Harold7
      The lion on the poster will it be in kag in the future?????
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Hahahahah. Maybe. It's uh, a visual comparison of the mighty full version and the not so mighty but still noble free one.
        Jun 7, 2012
    15. Rambo
      Rambo
      Hey man, I just found this weird glitch on my profile . . .see what happens when you follow me pressing Ctrl.
      2. PumpkingSlice
        PumpkingSlice
        Gayne stop hating because your not loved.
        Jun 6, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        I just get enough alerts as is.
        Jun 7, 2012
      4. Saverous
        Saverous
        haha nice one
        Jun 15, 2012
    16. Antman
      Antman
      Sorry if this is just annoying, but I was thinking about the whole 'custom heads' thing, and it just popped into my mind that i've only ever seen one offensive skin on any game (a Minecraft penis man).
      So, are offensive heads the only reason you are against having custom heads? :)
      1. Rayne likes this.
      3. Foxodi
        Foxodi
        I think if custom heads were approved by hand, and a fee of say $5-10 was taken for each one, it would be a great money maker.
        Jun 7, 2012
      4. Geti
        Geti
        money maker is not primary motive though :)

and uh, servers are the action ones and official stuff mostly, just to see what people are up to in more vanilla-type games (and games w/ good moderation -> action).

Usually play under alts to prevent my entire game experience getting replaced by playing tech support though ;)
        Jun 7, 2012
      5. Antman
        Antman
        Yeah, I saw you today on Raynes server :)
        Jun 7, 2012
    17. Ghozt
      Ghozt
      Congratulations on getting a 1000 posts, and every one of them was top notch.
      I shouldn't really say that, notch is crap, I think your posts are top Geti.
      1. Geti likes this.
      2. Geti
        Geti
        I wouldn't hate on notch so much, he's just another guy trying to have fun making games - he's just got a few million people barking at his door. Glad you appreciate my involvement.
        Jun 5, 2012
      3. Ghozt
        Ghozt
        I don't play Minecraft or follow it in any way, I have fallen into the all to common 'sterotype' trap.
        Jun 5, 2012
      4. Rayne
        Rayne
        but it's not really that fun ): those types of games with no real conflict always bore the shit out of me.
        Jun 5, 2012
    18. sj67
      sj67
      * Likes all your post because your Geti.
      2. sj67
        sj67
        Hey, you wanna live in Gayville with me and Pumpkin? I'm lonley. D:
        Jun 4, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        nah sorry tied down here with contracts and friends, gayvilles a bit of a drive to uni as well, eh
        Jun 4, 2012
      4. PumpkingSlice
        PumpkingSlice
        WTF SJ I don't live there I own it!. (this is so not rage geti) Sorry for the inconvenience geti. This child is out of his place.
        Jun 6, 2012
    19. Rayne
      Rayne
      Hey Geti, what program do you use to do pixel art?
      I was thinking of looking for a better program to use than Paint.net as I have to constantly zoom in and out to see how it looks at a regular resolution.
      2. Rayne
        Rayne
        Ah, BL suggested GraphicsGale to me also, cheers.
        I was using GIMP for gif animating and such before.
        Jun 4, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        It's not bad, but having actual per-frame control and instant anim preview at any zoom and varied playback speeds is invaluable.
        Jun 4, 2012
      4. Rayne
        Rayne
        Yeah I bet, thanks for the recommendation, I'll definately check it out now.
        Jun 4, 2012
    20. The_Khan
      The_Khan
      I love your work Geti. I'm always following your progress even though I can't play Multiplayer because of crap Internet. I get to play it once every two months and when I do play I have a helluva time! Love the game so good luck on any future updates.

P.S. Can't wait for the new Siege weapons, take as much time as you like to make them awesome!
      1. Geti likes this.
      3. Geti
        Geti
        Oh wait, you posted below that you're aussie.

any internet $20-30 per month should let you play KAG on aussie servers, the limiting factor to elsewhere is lag. I've just gotten used to playing with 200-300 ping, haha.
        Jun 4, 2012
      4. The_Khan
        The_Khan
        I'm out of town so I have to use a satellite. :( We can't get proper Internet because it doesn't reach us this far out of town. I'm from Tassie BTW. About 12 Km out from Launceston, I live on a farm.
        Jun 4, 2012
      5. Geti
        Geti
        Yeah, that makes it a little more difficult, especially as the telcos aren't that interested in improving the infrastructure there. Satellite is fast enough, but yeah you'll be suffering latency no matter what that way. You should still get a playable connection to southeastern (VIC or NSW) servers though. Best of luck :/
        Jun 5, 2012
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.1bardesign.com
    KAG Developer