1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice
Geti
Home Page:
KAG Developer

Geti

Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead), Male, from Melbourne, Australia

THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the birthday wishes folks - and sorry for the inactivity of the past weeks. We're moving house, hopefully settled by next week! Jan 17, 2018

1. Ninja12
      Ninja12
      Geti, can I make a thread in General Discussion or something called the 'Kag Times'? It's like a newspaper.
      Only in KAG. I'll do reports on big stuff, organize a team, stuff like that. Can I?
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Uh, if you like, I'm not going to stop you, haha.
        Dec 30, 2012
      2. Ninja12
        Ninja12
        YAAAAAY
        Now all I need is a team :D
        Dec 30, 2012
    2. Froghead48
      Froghead48
      You're 19 Years Old.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        That I am. 20 in half a month.
        Dec 30, 2012
    3. cdog3773
      cdog3773
      somtimes i dream of being a turkey in kag.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        It's not so fun ;) More fun to be an undercover dev watching, listening, without the majority knowing its me.
        Dec 30, 2012
    4. Coookie
      Coookie
      Geti run run, I'm bigger bird than you.
      Make some birds that can be killed with archers, when you're getting bored writting C++ lines of the f*cking cmd.exe !
      1. Froghead48
        Froghead48
        Geti is the spriter.
        Dec 27, 2012
      2. Coookie
        Coookie
        Then make bird sprites and call Shad to give life to the sprites.
        Dec 27, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        I write ~40% of the code these days as well as doing the art. Shad is "afk" in a dev sense at the moment. MM does the other 60%+ of the programming work.

We might add animals etc at some point soonish, but we've still got stuff to get done thats not in the recent video :)
        Dec 30, 2012
    5. RobertStephenson
      RobertStephenson
      Geti would you be mad if I ate you at my Christmas dinner?
      1. Coookie likes this.
      2. Geti
        Geti
        Only a little. I'm not one of those righteous vegetarians, and Christmas is a time for merriment!
        Dec 30, 2012
    6. Eden
      Eden
      I fucking love this game, this is legit the only game i play, you fucking stop fucking making this fucking game i will fucking take a poo on a Ambulance Van.

Sorry for the rude words, but srs, i love KAG, it's my life. (Obviously not being serious when i say it's my life)

But by fuck, i can go on forever on how much i love this game.

okay bye ily
      1. Coookie and rocker2 like this.
      2. Geti
        Geti
        I FUCKING STOP MAKING THIS GAME AND I WILL TAKE A POO ON AN AMBULANCE VAN D:<

checkmate

We dont plan on quitting before it's done. 4srs yolo bbq etc.

Glad you love it - keep loving it, because guys like you are one half of the lifeblood of this game (the other half being us finishing the damn thing)
        Dec 30, 2012
      3. Eden
        Eden
        Just out of curiosity, when you guys finish the game, if you ever do... what will you guys be working on? KAG 2 - Kag with Machine guns, omg #yolo@KAG3
        Dec 30, 2012
    7. Lieber
      Lieber
      Can I take a few minutes of your time? How is it coding this awesome game? Tiring? I would like to be a game dev later on, so I'm curious. Thanks, and keep up the good work :)
      1. Asu
        Asu
        Dec 19, 2012
      2. Asu
        Asu
        Dec 19, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        It is both tiring and invigorating. We make sure to take breaks whenever possible, and don't work on the weekends unless we're crunching super hard. It's not easy work though :)
        Dec 20, 2012
    8. Taiga
      Taiga
      I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time of making this game the great game it is now. Screw all the other people who are saying "It's taking forever", I've loved this game from the start update or no update. Just keep up the good work Geti !
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Will do ;) Thanks for the support, Thistle!
        Dec 18, 2012
    9. Mazey
      Mazey
      hi. i see u has no clan. feel invited to the meranery team, bunch of clanless fags fihgtin in the arturian leugea.

we need ausy poeple
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Not likely to happen often, though it might be fun to step in for some game. Not while KAG is unfinished though, probably ;)
        Dec 14, 2012
      2. Mazey
        Mazey
        I can invite you for the pm? If you have time you can maybe ever play a match?
        Dec 14, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        Dont PM, it'll get lost. I'll come to you if I want to play, I'll be watching the tournament as it happens.
        Dec 16, 2012
    10. Asu
      Asu
      Woaw, the new water system is nice.
      To don't say "AWESOME!!! AMAZING!!!"
      I want really to try it ingame.
      But i know I'll wait a very^(5000) long while XD
      1. Asu
        Asu
        Little question(s)... Sorry if I'm wasting a little of your minutes x)

It will be infinite water falling like in minecraft, or like terraria?
        It will block a part of light or the light will not change like in the screenshot?
        In a cave like in the last screenshot ( or the second I don't remember ), you will die after a time because there is no engouth air?

Dec 11, 2012
      2. Geti
        Geti
        infinite like old minecraft.
        doesn't block light now, might later because it would be good for gameplay
        cave doesn't have air -> underwater bases are possible.
        Dec 14, 2012
    11. TheWids
      TheWids
      You have never posted a status update? :O
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Seeing how long I can keep it up. Could be a good idea to status update with "Please dont contact me directly with random bug reports and questions about release dates", haha.
        Dec 6, 2012
    12. Asu
      Asu
      The epic update for christmas will be the best idea, and the best present of the world :)
      1. TheWids
        TheWids
        They don't get snow in Australia, they get forest fires.
        Dec 5, 2012
      2. Geti
        Geti
        We're well aware that that would be ideal :)
        Dec 6, 2012
    13. nkChehov
      nkChehov
      Hey, Im here as texture-modder.
      May I have some wish for a new patch: can u make two different sprites for each team, for example: red_knight.png, blue_knight.png etc.
      thx! =)
      1. Asu
        Asu
        You can already, if you create a mod.
        Dec 5, 2012
      2. nkChehov
        nkChehov
        but instead, I can use it on every server =) I just think, its will be not so hard to do, sorry, is it no so)
        Dec 5, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        no, you wont be able to use it on every server. It is not possible to do without limiting the servers ability to choose sprites, which we dont want to do because it limits modification possibilities.
        Dec 6, 2012
    14. neil_v
      neil_v
      Thanks for the absolutely amazing art you have put into this game! I cant say enough how much I admire and respect your technical skill, as well as your eye for aesthetic balance...so i'll leave it at that.
      1. Geti
        Geti
        Thanks for the encouragement :)
        Dec 6, 2012
    15. Conquerer
      Conquerer
      Geti, would you like to add to my list of epic people's quotes?
      1. Geti
        Geti
        I'd rather quotes to be found from my day-to-day discourse rather than manufacture something in an attempt to sound "epic" ;)
        Nov 28, 2012
      2. Conquerer
        Conquerer
        Okey dokey C:
        Nov 28, 2012
    16. Froghead48
      Froghead48
      You were the 60'th person to join this forum.
      lol ;]
      1. FranticIch
        FranticIch
        *lol*
        Nov 27, 2012
      2. Geti
        Geti
        60th person to port my account.
        Nov 28, 2012
      3. ImAwesome
        ImAwesome
        He was probably the 2nd or 3rd person to register on the old fluxbb forums
        Dec 25, 2012
    17. nkChehov
      nkChehov
      Hello Geti, here for ask)
      Can you a announce your future global patch for Kag? When we can wait it?)
      thx
      1. View previous comments...
      2. kl4060
        kl4060
        will it be out this year? or next year? or is that a hard answer as well?
        Nov 25, 2012
      3. Geti
        Geti
        Considering we're nearing the end of the year, yes it is technically hard to answer.
        Nov 28, 2012
      4. kl4060
        kl4060
        oh ok i see how that would be a problem
        Nov 28, 2012
    18. lukepop
      lukepop
      Geti Whats the thing about galleons whats The idea will they have sails and also Are you guys gonna open a drawbridge that has to be manually opened and closed by someone else becuase that would be cool.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Geti
        Geti
        watertight tunnels: no
        galleons: likely to not happen without mods because there's no way to build them inside a normal sized shop - they're just too big!
        drawbridges: possible with mods, not likely to happen as part of vanilla but maybe.
        Nov 24, 2012
      3. lukepop
        lukepop
        Are we still gonna have animals and mongolian horde mode because its advertised.
        Nov 24, 2012
      4. Geti
        Geti
        Not officially, and we've told the guy in charge of maintaining that page to clean it up heaps of times, I'll go send an angry email to him now and if nothing gets done, get MM to make the change. I don't have access to the web server at this point.
        Nov 28, 2012
    19. zollie20
      zollie20
      :finger:
      1. Geti
        Geti
        no you finger >:^(
        Nov 24, 2012
      2. zollie20
        zollie20
        nou
        >:^D