1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice
TFlippy
Last Activity:
Mar 29, 2020

TFlippy

Arsonist

Tester
TFlippy was last seen:
Mar 29, 2020
    1. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      The lag on TC has completely gone I think. The server hasn't crashed at all, nice!
      1. Biurza likes this.
    2. borisvanmemes
      borisvanmemes
      That lair of abooz thing you did was fun 10 out of 10 would raid again (for those that didn't see it it was a small fortress made of plasteel and full of rare stuff that ppl were meant to steal)
    3. borisvanmemes
      borisvanmemes
      It feels like events are just a little to rare just a little still These past few updates are awesome
    4. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      The lags gotten extremely intense in TC for some reason, freezing which happens every 5 seconds or so that can completely mess you up if another player or some crazy badgers are nearby and stuttering/jumpy player movement. R.O.F.L can also crash the server, especially if there if two of them explode at the same time (R.I.P blue team) but I'm sure you're already aware of that.
      1. Biurza likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TFlippy
      4. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I'm not sure what's causing the laggy movement, it started sometime around the Factorio patch, we haven't changed anything related to the movement.
        Dec 28, 2016
      5. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        Version 41 is when my laggy movement troubles truly started, freezing all the time now but before it wasn't so bad, rip.
        Dec 28, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
    5. wsensor
      wsensor
      Tflippy is there anyways to make it so iron blocks can not be put near spawn locations? Cause in the last game the red team had iron blocked all the spawn locations. 12/11 at around 820pm

Would have included video but for some reason all it recorded was a black screen T_T
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I can't really prevent it. If I'd expand the no-build area, they'd just build a bigger cage.
        Dec 12, 2016
      3. AJFaas
        AJFaas
        what about giving neutrals the ability to choose their spawn spot? i believe its really hard to put iron around all the spawns.
        Dec 12, 2016
      4. wsensor
        wsensor
        Iron blocks are nice to keep neutrals from griefing bases but unless an admin is on they get used for evil things.

Too bad there is no way to make the spawn points search out if they are blocked in some way and destroy the thing blocking exiting from them. Don't think that can be done at all though.
        Dec 13, 2016
    6. asger75
      asger75
      I suggest that the badgers should shoot fireballs and deal extreme damage.
    7. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      Suggestion, decease the cost of iron blocks so teams are better able to protect their bases from bombers and give neutrals the ability to break iron blocks albeit very slowly. Iron backwall might also be a good idea since bombs hit the blocks "protected" by the iron blocks even if the iron block isn't destroyed.
      1. Biurza likes this.
      3. zable
        zable
        It think this would be a great idea
        Dec 7, 2016
      4. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I'd like to add an upgradeable bandit shack in the future.
        Maybe a tavern where you can hire mercenary combat chickens and obtain better bandit equipment, perhaps?
        Dec 7, 2016
      5. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        I really like the sound of that, go for it! you gotta make it so that neutrals can't break it though (or at least make it so that neutrals do heavily reduced damage to it) because the spawn functionality of bandit shacks is abused to do just that.
        Dec 7, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
    8. epsilon
      epsilon
    9. Irri
      Irri
      Hello, friend!
      1. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        Greetings, traveler.
        Dec 1, 2016
    10. Vamist
      Vamist
      I hope you like reading.
    11. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      1. Biurza likes this.
      2. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        Would like to see the lyrical versions added if possible (the exact ones i posted, also wish wayward son was the lyrical version ;_;)

Perhaps you could set up a donation page for the people have to have their music requests added if they donate or sumin? just a little suggestion.
        Nov 30, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
      3. Pirate-Rob
        Pirate-Rob
        I remember when Fil was originally making Gramophone for RoS, I asked him to stick with lyricless music, I'm surprised he's still doing it :o
        Dec 1, 2016
      4. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        There's a few lyrical ones, like hot stuff, daddy cool and fly me to the moon I think. Personally I prefer the lyrical versions of the song, but as long as its modded in then anyone can play what they like which I guess is the beauty of it.
        Dec 1, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
    12. epsilon
      epsilon
      Why isn't there a thread for Territory Control suggestions? All I see in my profile post feed is long paragraphs regarding TC.
      I'm Aussie and haven't played TC before so I'm wondering if you can allow someone from AUS to host your mod. I want to know what all the fuss is about.
      2. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I'm usually against having multiple people hosting the same gamemode due to splitting the playerbase, but I may make an exception, as the Australian and Asian players are indeed unable to play due to the high latency.
        Nov 30, 2016
      3. epsilon
        epsilon
        So you're saying that SomeoneWeird can host it or you are still considering? And if it's a yes how would he get the files since I don't think it's been posted on the forums?
        Nov 30, 2016
      4. joshua12131415
        joshua12131415
        I have the mod folder, or you can just join the server and it will get downloaded, find it the Kag/mods/
        And i think that only one server can host the mod per region. (One can be hosted in EU, and one can be hosted in AU, i don't think US is needed)
        Dec 1, 2016
    13. wsensor
      wsensor
      Could we fix capturing of the bases/mines through doors/walls?
      As it is we can not put up a single wall/door (left/right) of bases to protect them.
      Anyone can stand one block or two a way and capture a base/mine through the walls/doors.
      I think mines can be captured further away than bases.
      2. wsensor
        wsensor
        Team Attacker: Lets annoy the people on the far right of the map.
        Team Defender: Why are we being attacked when all we have is a wooden base with no cap resources.

Team Lazy/Team Attacker: Us and Them are friends we don't fight eachother hahaha. < This is soooo annoying.

This happens more and more often making people just run around as annoying bandits.
        Nov 29, 2016
      3. Bint
        Bint
        jesus christ that wall of text
        Nov 29, 2016
      4. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        Lowered the radius
        Nov 30, 2016
    14. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      Suggestion: Perhaps those armed military chicken could spawn randomly at a 1/10 or sumin chance from an egg.
      1. Biurza likes this.
      3. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        You could either obtain the technologies via libraries (the more, the better?) or by dismantling an already existing item.
        Nov 29, 2016
      4. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        So if you stole Blue Team's Bazooka, you could bring it to the library (or some new building) to have it converted into a blueprint of one of the required technologies - e.g. gunpowder, steel processing...
        Nov 29, 2016
      5. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        Neat. but that may make life even tougher for new teams?
        Nov 29, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
    15. borisvanmemes
      borisvanmemes
      Here's a suggestion meteors could fall from the top of the map every 5 or so minutes they would make a crater and you could mine meteors for...some resource and you could use this resource to make stuff (duh) such as jetpacks or...other stuff
      2. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        Not sure about that. One of the things that annoyed me in FUN were those meteors that obliterated your entire base.

I may add combat chicken invasions or their airships, which would spawn them.
        Nov 29, 2016
      3. borisvanmemes
        borisvanmemes
        The crater would be small and the meteor itself would be as big as a boulder i really just want jetpacks tbh
        Nov 29, 2016
      4. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        Jetpacks are quite crappy, just use rockets.~
        Nov 29, 2016
    16. L3fty
      L3fty
      Donno if you know, server has been down for few hours now....
      1. joshua12131415
        joshua12131415
        Nov 26, 2016
    17. wsensor
      wsensor
      You need to figure a way to punish the ROYAL KNIGHTS...
      Or at least make it so they have an actual weakness other than being SLOWER than other classes.
      Just watched as they tanked everything thrown at them for a solid 5 minutes straight as "2" of them took over a base after bombing us non stop with bombers. (Low pop server.) 3 person team vs green/blue team of which could get no resources since red had it all.
      2. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I was thinking of making royal guards sink in water, so they'd eventually drown if they couldn't get out in time.

Regarding people selling teams' resources and leaving - that's actually bannable. Record some videos of people doing it if you can.
        Nov 23, 2016
      3. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        Also, mines do provide resources. They're just automatically deposited to bases of the owner faction.
        Nov 23, 2016
      4. wsensor
        wsensor
        Oh i thought the mines were no longer giving resources. (Was told we had to buy them ourselves now to get any several games in a row)
        It is hard to tell when there are several people on the team all using/wasting materials.
        Nov 25, 2016
    18. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      Another player said it best: the moment one team makes their quarters untouchable to neutrals its GG as resources are devoted to very easily crushing new and upcoming teams, that's if they can be bothered.

I play a lot and have noticed a massive decline in combat as teams are far too paranoid about their quarters to leave them alone.

Combat -99%
      Minecrafting +200%

rip
      1. Biurza likes this.
      2. wsensor
        wsensor
        Haha. Lots of the time it ends with one team getting most resources now as the BANDITS and GRIEFER players kill all normal neutrals that might try to form a team anymore.
        It is always fun (not) to see a group of bandits or neutrals killing other neutrals over and over at the beginning of every game.

I think BANDITS should count as a faction team eventually where they could take over regular teams bases.
        Nov 23, 2016
    19. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      1. Biurza likes this.
      3. TFlippy
        TFlippy
        I'll probably remove the kicking from teams, so people will be just unable to join if your upkeep is too high.
        Nov 22, 2016
      4. wsensor
        wsensor
        Could always make Upgrade-able quarters?

Tier 1: Normal upkeep boost.
        Tier 2: +50% upkeep boost.
        Etc.
        Maybe max it out at tier 5 so it gives triple the normal quarters.
        Nov 22, 2016
      5. enderzilla747
        enderzilla747
        Ah yes, I remember that match. Didn't we destroy all of Red after they were jerks for a long time? I wanted to join them, but a badger swarm stopped me. I ALSO gave them resources. OH, did I mention going bandit to kill off the bandit army which had access to guns? Still didn't join.
        Dec 5, 2016
    20. JackMcDaniels
      JackMcDaniels
      Gonna list some random suggestions for neutrals. Make it so that neutrals cannot destroy bandit camps, the problem is that you can't create a bandit camp because some players that spawn there will start destroying them. Perhaps make them safe zones for neutrals so that neutrals within a certain radius of them cannot be attacked by other neutrals.
      1. Biurza likes this.
      3. JackMcDaniels
        JackMcDaniels
        Beyond the iron walls of a team that believes its control of the map is nothing but a certainty bandits could be building and spreading like the plague until they hit a point at which they become a serious problem, that's the idea.
        Nov 21, 2016
        Biurza likes this.
      4. wsensor
        wsensor
        Perhaps limit bandit camps from being built endlessly? I regularly see 3 or 4 near eachother.
        Is it possible to make them not buildable within a set distance of eachother?

Since people can spawn at bandit camps could we just get a random spawn throughout the map instead of the static spawn points?
        Nov 22, 2016
      5. wsensor
        wsensor
        If there were no static spawn points it might fix people blocking neutral spawn areas all up.
        Nov 22, 2016