1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment and Hunger systems v1.16

A structure for creating equipments, with additional starving.

1. Rayne
    Equipment System:
    [​IMG]

This system allows you to set up consumable items that set strings on your player blob. The equipment GUI and specific code within each class script will determine the effects of the equipment based on the blob name of the equipment being equipped.

I have included examples of how to add new equipment, and it is possible to add new equipments to the menu, just study the code and replicate it for new equipment slots.

I meant to eventually include a separate script for providing equipment bonuses and special effects but never got it working, so I settled for implanting the logic in each player class script.

some screenshots by Asumagic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hunger System:

[​IMG]
    This system provides a survival aspect to KAG, if you do not eat an item with Eatable.as attached to it, you will die. The rate of starving can be easily adjusted in Hunger.as, likewise damage done by starving can be modified in Starve.as.
    There is included a very basic hunger GUI, I suggest you create your own as the current one doesn't look very good.

Thanks to Asumagic for fixing the mod to work with the current build(1337).
    Thanks to Skinney for his community sprites.
    Thanks to Aphelion for his mithril palette and a few lines of code.

Recent Updates

1. bug fix
  2. Armor.
  3. Misc. bug fixes + equipped items dropping on death.

Recent Reviews

1. Fernegulus
    Fernegulus
    5/5,
    Version: v1.15
    essential for any roleplay, a very lightweight version, simple and easy interface
    gj
  2. Dubovnik
    Dubovnik
    5/5,
    Version: v1.1
    Nice to see Hunger and some items that can be equiped in ur inventory, have bit more RPG.
  3. makmoud98
    makmoud98
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0
    Nice to see the community coming together to make something cool