1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] 1.1

A 2D version of Call of Duty Zombies (KAG zombies with guns)

1. kaizokuroof
    Intro:
    Hey, hey all!
    I'm kaizokuroof. I began working on this mod probably like two years ago, with lavalord and a couple other people here and there. It changed a lot, but eventually I got my ideas sorted and began fixing up what I could.
    I finally think it's ready for people to host their own servers, so I'm uploading version 1! It's finally out of "Alpha".
    Thanks to Geti for providing me with the framework of the mod, without him the gametype would be completely riddled with bugs.
    Thanks to Lavalord, he's a good guy even if I haven't spoken to him in such a long time, again, wouldn't have happened without him.

Check below for some other tips and guides. Please also report any bugs you find playing or hosting :)

Cheers!

Wihtout gun:
    W - Jump
    A - Left
    S - Crouch
    D - Right
    C - Pickup
    E - Enter shopmenu's (buy guns by clicking the icon with correct amount of money)
    Mouse - Aim
    LMB(left mouse button) - Build
    RMB(right mouse button) - Collect resources

While gun is equiped:
    C - Throw
    R - Reload
    Mouse - Aiming
    LMB(left mouse button) - Shoot

At this stage, Kag of Duty: Zombies is pretty un-intuitive, meaning nothing is really self explained. As such, you should probably read the following before playing, unless you like puzzles and winging it :D

You spawn at dawn, on the first day (Ground Zero hence 0)
    Spawn.png

Once you have spawned, you will notice a gun on the ground (1 spawned each time you respawn, or spawn for the first time). This is a VERY weak gun, use it to earn some cash, and don't waste your bullets, as there are no free refills.

To equip your gun, press "C" To pick it up. This will place the gun in your inventory, and to equip it, you will need to press and hold "F" to open your inventory and then click on the gun, much the same as a drill in KAG.
    Picking up gun.png
    Equiping gun.png

Once your gun is equip, you can now defend yourself! Use the left mouse button to shoot the gun. Notice the ammo counter in the top left corner of the screen. The left number, is the amount of ammo remaining in your current clip. The right number is how much you have in reserve. Keep in mind you can carry multiple guns in your inventory, but some take more space than others. You can also carry one in your and drop it to switch to one in your inventory, essentially giving you 3 guns.
    Shooting.png

Reloading! you can reload the gun at any time, with the "R" key - A prompt will tell you to reload your gun, please note it will not reload automatically.

Reloading.png

FORTIFY! Many of the maps include trees for you to use as fortification. As the battle for survival continues, the zombies will destroy your base. You need to defend your gun shops, else the hoard will consume you!

Fortify.png Fortify2.png

To buy a gun, you will need coins - coins are picked up when a Zombie is killed, you need to manually pick up the coin and the amount of money varies depending on strength of zombie (Yes there are multiple strengths of the same zombies) and a random factor.

Once you have coins, find your nearest gunshop and purchase to your hearts content.you need to hover over the icon for the weapon and then click it - it will spawn the gun in your inventory, or if you have no space, drop it at your feet.

BuyMenu.png

End game conditions!!! When every one is dead (at the same time) the map will end and a new one will be loaded - a message is also displayed, but this can be delayed for about 10 seconds:

TheEnd.png

Respawning!!! If you die and other players are still alive, you will respawn at dawn (with zombies) which can be hard to escape, but fear not! Have your team mates cover you and all will be fine! Thats all the basics, get out there and kill some zombies!!!

Same as all other mods, download the zip file and unzip it to a location of your choosing. Drag and drop the "Zombies" folder that was unzipped into your Mods directory in KAG/Mods/

Once you've copied the mod to the folder, edit your autoconfig file and in the gametype section, use "Zombies".

Launch the game and there you go, it should be running - connect and test it out :)

Who's hosting this gametype?
    - Kaizokuroof! Name: Kag of Duty: Zombies (australia)

I recommend 3 player limit, else the game lags too much and is much too easy.

Known bugs:
    - Maps are shit (Need mappers, please hit me up via PM if interested)
    - Shop menu is too big on small resolutions, I'll fix this at some point.
    - Shop icons don't appear until you buy a gun - unintentional, but kinda cool :p

Acknowledgements:
    Lavalord, for being a coolbro, helping me to actually learn what I was doing and making a modifiable guns even more modifiable, also help with HUD and the rest of the game, without you we wouldn't have got this far.

Rayne, for being swiggity swag dude, sharing his code, thoughts and art with poor old dirty kayzokur00f, what a guy, what a lad, I owe you a beer, or a spliff, or something!

Eanmig, for creating the original remake of zombies

Daimyo21, for enhancing eanmigs scripts and improving the AI of zombies (which we have used)

SentinelTank, you da best meng
    BeasterDenBeast, much love, thug lif3 w3st syd3 #logan4lyf3
    Cameron1010, MY WIGGA *high fives*

Geti, for the rewrite of the rules code

Kaizokuroof's mother, cuz you're a dear old mother

And anyone else I've missed, just hit me up I'll add you to the list

Images

1. AllGunImageWIP.png
    2. CollectingResource.png

Recent Reviews

1. Beo
    Beo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Cool.
  2. FoxyLady
    FoxyLady
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Love it <3. ━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
    1. kaizokuroof
      Author's Response
      Thanks FoxyLady ^_^
  3. -Marcell-
    -Marcell-
    5/5,
    Version: 0.42
    excellent mode, thanks for making it
    1. kaizokuroof
      Author's Response
      Thanks man, I have a new update out soon that should address a lot of the bugs and random crashes! Keep your eyes peeled =)
  4. Asu
    Asu
    5/5,
    Version: 0.42
    You think your mod sucks and you don't deserve much stars? Then take all those stars and feel bad.
    1. kaizokuroof
      Author's Response
      The idea, although unoriginal is cool - pity I can't get it to work properly is all :(
  5. Andrex208
    Andrex208
    5/5,
    Version: 0.41
    I like this...
  6. awesomedudesam
    awesomedudesam
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    Awesome mod
  7. startselect3
    startselect3
    5/5,
    i would rate 10/5 if i could, but i cant.
  8. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    4/5,
    1. kaizokuroof
      Author's Response
      Golly Gee, what an honest and fair review. I would have to disagree with the 4 stars though, gametype is buggy, OP ripped code from multiple sources, gun sprites are out of proportion, maps suck, half the guns don't even work properly, game crashes all the time, servers are laggy. Either way, thanks for the 4 stars ^^