1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

♥ Hearts in a backpack

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by RadioActive, Jul 9, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I wanted to suggest this long time ago. It's about two small useful changes that should help all classes survive a bit longer on the battlefield.
    Currently hearts placed in a backpack disappear. What about fix this and remove time after which they disappear?
    It also would be great if they could be automatically used to fill and/or increase our health points.

Of course they couldn't be stackable as they are now. 4 slots in your backpack and your decision whether you want to have more HP, space for resources, ammo, bombs, etc..

:heart:

startselect3 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Already dislike people who use this excessively and think it would be highly unreasonable in a battlefield since it doesn't require any money to find and stack hearts. It's mostly balanced as is, but honestly I wish people couldn't even put it in their backbacks.

Ej, franek123 and zerd like this.
  3. What? Hearts disappear for you guys? When I pick up hearts they stay in my back pack until I devour them. Never had them disappear before. Guess that would be one of the perks for being a vampire.

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

0/12

hearts shouldnt be able to be placed in backpack at all

jackitch, Ej, franek123 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I have to agree with this. Hearts are being overused by #SOLOREK'ing Knights already. We don't need more incentive for them to be used to tank hits.
    Also, it's stupid and annoying for Archers, too. Have an Archer with two hearts in his backpack and he can simply tank arrows? That doesn't encourage being able to shoot well - it encourages hoarding items that fall out of bodies.

Rayne likes this.
  6. Yes, hearts in the backpack are the reason burgers are hardly used. I'd like to see them more.

7. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

This would be a nice addition, would actually make battlefield scavenging useful.

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Hearts shouldn't be able to be put into your inventory, but when you pick it up the timer should go away and you should gain an invisible heart - if you lose a heart, it AUTOMATICALLY gives it to you without you pressing space. If a knight comes and tries to one hit you, it will give you your held heart so you don't die.

This is a great suggestion to help out archers.

EDIT: But you obviously still have to hold to so you can't cap flags, you go slow, etc.

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

@Blue_Tiger
    Why does everyone think archers need to be buffed? This just sounds like more of an annoyance since if you're slashed as an archer, you're probably going to die anyway.

dual_chiecken and ShnitzelKiller like this.
  10. Blue_Tiger

Because being one hit by every knight in the game is annoying as fuck and completely unnecessary. One random shot from a knight is likely, but two is much less likely and therefore will help a Hell of a lot.

11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Don't get hit then. It's the whole point of the archer's manoeuvrability. If you're getting hit by knights so easy, practice some more.

12. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

I agree with @Anonymuse , need more practic with hook and arrows. u dont have stun arrows? use hook immidl. or if u have stun arrows use them and escape.
    i dont have another idea how escape knight slash or stab. only these two.

13. Blue_Tiger

I can evade knights pretty good - but the one hit kill is too much, especially when I already have a heart in my hands ready to press space as soon as I lose something, and one hit kills are impossible to use this tactic against. Don't understand why people don't want archers to be worth playing?

14. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

Because Archers have 2 hearts and dont have melee attack. plus, knights have 4 hearts, bombs, kegs......

15. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

It's because they're not an assault unit, they're a harass unit. By harassing, you're opening the enemy's gate up for you to switch to knight or builder and push further into their base, and stopping their siege weapons from being as effective. Sure, they CAN assault, but it takes a lot of risks like losing your coins and bomb arrows - you'd be better off buying your team a catapult and staying in an archer den to snipe approaching builders and keg assaults. Also I don't consider knocking down their cata tower as 'assault' here, I would consider that a harass which makes the first statement true.

Giving them an extra heart of HP would just make them annoying... This game isn't about K/D, it's about strategy. I've been on many teams that have a total negative K/D but win the game. Sometimes sacrifices are necessary, especially when huge opportunities open up by doing so... If you really want K/D you could just go knight and kill their archers, if you think it's so easy (and yeah, it is, because they should be fighting you with knight to stand a chance). Also they would have to be pretty crappy archers... retreating to a defensive position should be a priority to anyone as archer because they can outrun all of the other classes and are usually right next to, if not in, the most defended positions. The only time this doesn't apply is when you have a crappy builder that doesn't give you an escape option.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people try to assault as archer and all they end up doing is dying and giving the enemy a huge surplus of coins... What they really should have done is go knight and protect the builder. Seriously. Save archer for when you see opportunity, not for assaulting - unless the assault IS the opportunity and you're confident enough to make it to your destinations behind the enemy's line. The only time I'd consider the archer as an assault unit is when you have a well positioned enough tower to help eliminate the enemy's archers while being completely protected from their arrows - which gives you coin for multiple strategic plays thereafter.

Edit: Not to mention they'd be eating up hearts that would be better used healing knights.
    Edit2: So do they want you to never use it? No, it's obviously usable, just niche. Is it balanced the way it is? Imo, yes.

:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  16. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

I know i told to all strategy. but if u need strategy need communication and commands. because people wont hear u: they make all for money.
    Archer is not worthess as more people knows. knights dont have fire bombs right? so archer have stun fire bomb arrows! this arrows make archer more destructible to buildings......
    Archer is destructive team, where he can fire walls and bomb stone. without archers, CTF and TTH is going to be forever.............
    Archer are very useful in TTH match because no need to buy arrows they are producting by workshops. so in CTF archers are worth, in TTH archers becoming ''Deadly Archers'' so they can bomb every time and builders cant rebuild construction.
    Archer need to keep only 1 heart if knight is coming for heal. without it we know what happens.....

P.S M16 with Archers are incompatible.... This will make Time Travel collapse to destroy the world :)

P.P.S I am good archer and know how to be him. i make destruction TTH on eyes of people who see that.......

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  17. Blue_Tiger

No.

Maybe the game is pushing for that to be how it's played, but I can't stand playing knight and me going assault with a knight is more of a coin dispenser than as an archer. I have on many opportunities gone full assault, alone and stolen the enemy's flag, and captured it, single-handedly.

If any class is an assault class, it's the archer. Bomb arrows, fire arrows, and the mobility to leave at any point if things get out of hand make it superb at its job. Problem is, one shot from a knight ends it all - and that's what needs to be changed. That one shot from a knight is what stops me using my class and abilities to my full advantage and keeps me sitting on a tower, spamming arrows at the enemy which makes for really unhealthy gameplay for both me and the enemy team.

18. Cut archer balance whine already Jesus Christ people do you really need to bring this up in every thread? What are you, 12?
    Consider this a verbal warning.

As for the suggestion itself: no. Healing items are pretty damn lame already, no need to bring hearts to their lameness level.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 21, 2014 ---
    Corpsey was the first victim of skimreading

19. Blue_Tiger

If it's relevant to the discussion, then archer underpoweredness needs to be brought up.

"What, you need to bring a huge gameplay mechanic in up a thread related to the gameplay mechanic??? CONSIDER THIS A VERBAL WARNING, YOU MUST ONLY SPEAK OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL KNIGHT!"

Shadowor likes this.
  20. it's not about archer in any way. there's no point in talking about tweaking archer as this thread doesn't involve anything like that. that's why it's derailing a discussion on a simple suggestion that didn't involve archer balance in any way and was just a general tweak for CURRENT gameplay.

Mods: Rainbows