1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

1.0 Grappling hook?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by master3327, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. master3327

master3327 Shopkeep Stealer

In 1.0 beta I'm PRETTY sure ropes will come out. So what about grappling hooks for archers? Like probably 100 coins and 3-5 rope will make a grappling hook. A short range range item that can be used with a hotkey?

icemusher and Aeroblitzer like this.
  2. So you propose that they make an item which hooks a person then drags him down/up to his doom? How gruesome.

Nah I'm kidding. Its not gruesome. Its really gruesome.

I like it.

3. master3327

... *Facepalm* A grappling hook is to pull yourself to certain areas. Not pull a enemy to him... Although... It would be cool to pull the enemy into a spike trap.

4. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Well, I see your point. However, archers can already:
    - Scale walls.
    - Climb trees.
    - Shoot enemies

Unless we want to make archers a ninja class, who can run all over the place (including enemy base) at will.

5. master3327

Yay a compliment, The archer class, (With the grapple) Once grappled the ground, Then let go before touching it, Should make you go faster. Also, Grapple should pull the enemy to them, But the enemy are stunned? (Hehe now the archer saves the knight xD)

6. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Ugh. This is not Terraria, its KAG. No more fantasy super-hyper-mega-butthole-overpowered-weapons/spells/etc. Get over it.

Aeroblitzer, Piano, LadyHawk and 2 others like this.
  7. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

So, like Terraria?
    Though, it would be kind of overpowered if an archer could just pull units towards them.
    - Pull units into a spiketrap
    - Pull them into base (griefing)
    - Pick off knights easily
    m.m

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Yes, in the medieval era everyone uses bombs and shields to propel themselves over large distances instead of riding horseback.
    They also recover when they consume a heart dropped when someone is killed.

In all seriousness, if it makes the game more enjoyable why wouldn't they add it?
    I'm pretty sure KAG is supposed to be a fun game, not an accurate medieval simulator.
    As for the idea, from what we can see archers can wall jump too(in 1v.0) so this would make their mobility a bit too high.

giggiggiggiggig likes this.
  9. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

So basically you want a grapling hook implemented into KAG so that people would spam the shit out of it and use it as a alternative to get up a emeny tower by spamming up it ?

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Moved to suggestions & ideas. If this has already been suggested, expect this thread to be deleted shortly.

delankski likes this.
  11. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Giving knights machineguns would make the game more enjoyable, that does not mean they are going to put it in. it's not just about how fun something is, but also how it will balance out.

LadyHawk likes this.
  12. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh, but little do you know that has been done before.

And i think a grappling hook would just be no fun in a basic CTF/WAR Mode. But in a parkour mode.....

13. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

It wouldn't be too hard to balance, perhaps you could make it so you're really vulnerable when you're climbing, just like with ladders in Classic, You've got no cover, however, unlike the ladders, you can't attack, until you jump off of the rope.

Obviously my answer isn't well thought out, I do have some additional thoughts, but they're for my Australian Server :p

With Script Build anything is possible!!!! Just bug your local server owner when the game is released and who knows, they might make it.

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

But knights and builders can wall jump as well, so actually that doesn't matter.

goodyman8 likes this.
  15. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

The reason I play Kag is not for fun, but rather how good the combat system works with the building in 2d. Implenting grappling hooks is interesting but would break class balance. Like which class would recieve the grappling hook?
    Btw Archers need a mobility boost, since they have no melee attack and get outruned by Knights wearing
    150 lbs of armor with a 40 pound shield ( add a mobility boost to builders).

16. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Archers got trees to climb where you can outrange knights and also use it to doge bombs and stuff.

17. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

You enjoy the combat system then > still for fun.

I didn't know, thanks.

It could be balanced out by making it expensive and that one time/ only for the person who used it.

But for content to be fun don't you need to balance it out for both teams/ all classes?(or most of the time at least)

Gofio likes this.
  18. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Where are you getting at? I was implying that something fun shouldn't be added, unless it was balanced as well.

19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

And I'm saying for content to be fun for everyone, you have to balance it out most of the times.
    Or at the very least it would be a smart thing to do.

20. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Since KAG boasts scripting and modding, you can just make it yourself, regardless of what all these naysayers say!

Make your own KAG! with blackjack and hookers!

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.