1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

10 Teamwork mechanics

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by BlackKlit, Jul 28, 2012.

1. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Hi folks! I'm sure that you guys constantly encounter with such kind of problem. A lot of times your team only lose becauase of it. So you should understand that you must start uniting the team. These main mechanics will help you, I hope:B):
    1.Be helpful!
    You should constantly know and control your team's actions. If you see that team is entirely contains knight horde, do not be knight, be builder and help your team past enemy's walls and barricades. Even if you don't very good with this class, anyway it will help your team more a lot. When your team goes attack, do not sit in base, attack with your team and support your allies. Important! Support is a key word for any leader, and builder is a class for strategic players. So if you want help your team you'll need to learn using this class.:migrant:
    2. Party!
    As you know, two players in team are a LOT more efficient than horde of alone players. So use your allies wisely, don't let them die or fight without help. The most powerful combinations are archer+knight and knight+builder, so you should choose right whom you will support.
    Also you should attract another players by smiles:huh?: and signs!!!.
    3. Kill-n-Heal!
    When you're injured, in most cases you should instantly fall back and heal. It's necessary both for saving team unit and keeping your time and money progress. Whenever you see ally who need healing, you should cover him with shield or attract enemy's attention with aggresive arrow fire, or even build quarters for him.:quarters::D:thumbs_up:
    Important! Quarters is the most necessary workshop in all cases, with quarters on front your team's efficiency will grow high. I saw lot situations when rightly placed quarters saved team from retreat and losing. Knights and Archers can heal-n-fight there without risk to be killed.
    4. Cover!
    Archer is the real damager class in King Arthur's Gold. They can simply turn enemy attack into epic fail by killing builders and archers then even unprotected knights. But don't forget that enemy can do the same game and your team always needs defense. Build covers when your allies can hide for a while (and heal in progression) to wear out rain of enemy arrows. Also your workshops always, ALWAYS must be defended because it's really cheap source of money both for enemy archers and knights.:oops:
    5.Convert!
    In the most cases you Can convert enemy structure into yours, and it must be done. Whenever you destroy enemy tower, you will risk for killing your allies, lose time for rebuilding it for your team and de facto slow your team advance. Convertion isn't constant rule, but when you can do it, do it.X3
    6. Separate and rule!
    It's very important mechanic which can gain you victory with ease. But also it's enoughly hard to do. Your team's soldiers number is almost equal to enemy's. So you need to fight with advantage, you will need to separate enemy forces. You can attract enemy attention with agressive actions by yourself. For example, you can dig a small anoying decoy tunnel under enemy base(which can easily be advanced to real tunnel), bombjump to enemy's heads or make archer's ambush in trees. All these actions will delay some enemies for killing you, and your allies will gain advantage on real battleplace.:D
    Important! Bombs will kill enemy support classes like builders and archers, so you can leave enemy knight force without any posiibility to fight and will also kill them a lot easier.:argh:
    7. Weaken-n-Delay!
    This mechanic looks like previous but has some differences. You can gain advantage not only in numbers but also in health. To achieve this you can: build small injuring traps, shoot enemies to half their health, destroy enemy workshops(especially quarters), and create torture traps. The last one point principe: nobody wants die when there is any chance to save, yes? So build pits without exit or claustrophobia traps where enemy will be tortured. Enemy will wait considerable time hoping that somebody will save him, but it will only helps your team to win=). Only disadvantage is that enemy knights can bomb out these traps, so be care of it.:ladder_bg:
    8.Well time, bro!
    Timing attacks are very important part of any strategy. Use time between enemy waves wisely, build additional fortifications, make some arrows, buy bombs and heal. Besides of rejuvernation and reinforcement you can use it for unexpected actions like tunneling, termiting or corrupting enemy structures. And of course, use your time for counter-attack if you have enough forces=):r_flex:
    9.Expand-n-exploit!
    Whenever you capture a territory you should understand which advantages it gains andb use it. If you took a height, build an archer gauntlet, build cata platform and start to kill enemy a lot. If you see a lot of gold and stone there, do not use your base resources for building, better dig out captured land! If you see a bit of undestructible bedrock, use it to build fortress=):castle:
    Important! Pits (of course not vast ones) are only effective when built next to towers, so enemy won't get to your tower or cross the pit. These two structures enhance each other, so build them in pair
    10. Be generous, at all!
    Thre isn't a lot to discuss. Simply give your smartest-looking allies what they need. I f you have a lot of money, buy arrows and bombs for your poor friends and tou will help the team really a lot. If you captured enemy's resources, give it to your builderbros. If you see the source of gold or rich stone, show it to your friend by headsigns. It will help, be sure.;)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 28, 2012 6:40 AM ---</br>
    Thx for reading. I hope you enjoy=)

2. ArpiG

ArpiG Shopkeep Stealer

Very useful tutorial for any newbie or other players.Congratz! :D

3. Everything seems okay, not something I'd consider as an extremely good guide though.
    Also take out the part where you encourage people to make pit traps. I mean seriously, NO ONE, should EVER, make a pit trap. EVER. They're just fucking stupid man.

I'm a fan of towers.

Guitarman, Bammboo and bluefire212 like this.
  4. BlackKlit

Hella likes this.
  5. CoD

CoD Haxor

A pit trap should be no deeper than 3 blocks and no wider than 3 blocks otherwise it's time-consuming shit.

short_round likes this.
  6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

1. Edit your post..
    2. i forgot what my original post was going to be
    Edit:
    pit traps can be time consuming but when combined with towers can be extremely effective in warding off enemies.
    also if you find a tunnel (dug or shop) often the best idea is to go through it.....

7. BlackKlit

Dunno. If smth wrong, show me where I should correct and what, please=)
    Also I f you can add some mechanics to that, do it and receive my likes=)

8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

tips:
    1 lots of typos, or bad english?
    2 NEVER think that giving resources to a random builder is a good deed. instead, put it somewhere in a hole or something. that way, only people that actually need it will jump in and get it.

the only reason i didnt mention that there already are a hundred guides on this topic is because its usefull.
    it wouldve been to simply necro some old thread than to create a new one, though.

soulrealm likes this.
  9. Piarre

Piarre Builder Stabber

Seems interesting, nice.

10. BlackKlit

Thanks=) I think there need a screenshots, but I couldn't make acceptable ones=(

11. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Nice guide! I've been thinking about writing a strategic guide for a while, but at the present moment, KAG players dont really give a damn about strategy. :( It was going to include stuff about providing cover fire for a friendly knight advance, builders going up the front, bombing and precise timing for attacks (and of course using team chat :D) (all this DOES actually help, you know) but no-one is going to listen. :QQ:

Aftermath likes this.