1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

101i

Discussion in 'Archive' started by 101i, Aug 21, 2014.

1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

•How often do you play?
    I’m in a dozen hours weekly, give or take a few hours.

•Do you have experience bug testing another game?
    Yes, Pixel Piracy (very early builds, pre-steam release.) and Reassembly (previously known as gamma void). Not to forget other open beta games, but in my opinion they don’t count as bug testing.

•Have you submitted any bugs?

I created a PM with @FuzzyBlueBaron a while ago about normal players having access to unique heads with /cl_head, I’m willing to add someone to that conversation if needs be. Oh and once I helped make a bug report with @Yagger and @makmoud98 with some other game breaking bug (something to do with editing values, spawning in airships in vanilla, that kind of abusive stuff), which I left for Yagger to submit since he’s a tester.

•Why should you become a tester and not someone else?

My account has been around since an early build however I only started playing the game regularly as of a year ago. Playing KAG has helped me with other games (like PP + Reassembly), so becoming a tester for THD would mean the world to me, sort of giving back to you guys. Being able to supply feedback directly to the developers is something I’ve enjoyed doing and I would love to help you guys test your games/ future projects. @cameron1010 might be able to attest my willingness to help out for gather (beta), along with possibly @lavalord for helping with admin vs all.

•Do you have any programming experience?

I’ve played around with KAG, editing files, trying things out. It isn’t really experience however I plan to get more practice in the future. So far I’ve been working on a small scale mod as of a few weeks ago (god bless #kag.modding), it's probably not going to be anything special but it’s something.

•Any other information you think might be relevant?
    • I’m on IRC 8-14 hours daily, pretty much whenever my PC is on.
    • My PC specs are;
      Code:
      -AMD A8-6660K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.90GHz (integrated graphics card)
      -8.00 GB ram
      -Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS.
      (budget PC master race)
    • I’m planning to run steamOS on my laptop.
    • I’m Australian (GMT +10:00),
    • I have fraps,
    • I play KAG through steam,
    • I have access to Mumble and TS, however I not a regular.
    Feel free to ask questions below and thanks for considering my application. :kappa:

makmoud98, lavalord, Stevedog and 5 others like this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

If you're going to do this for sure that'd be a good bonus point, there aren't much/enough Linux testers (afaik). How certain are you that you're going to get it?

3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

90%~ I'll probably do it this weekend, so I'll be able to update the OP when/if I do.
    EDIT: I'll be a Linux newbie, so someone should probably teach me the strings ;p