1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] Feet hitting tower.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by BanakaI1, Mar 13, 2014.

1. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

[​IMG]

This is a tower designed so that, you can hit or shoot people's feet as they walk up the slope. This tower is very nice because it is a ground archer nest, which is actually just as effective, or more effective as a high archers nest.

pretty self explanatory, You can remove the doors if you want to allow archers to stand on the ground and shoot, allowing them to never risk getting hit. The pit to the left is a "bomb pit". If someone throws a bomb onto the slope, you can grab it and throw it down there in order to avoid the damage and destruction.

I've yet to build this in a game yet, and when I do I will probably build it on the Action classic server, because a noob is less likely to yell at me/try to fix it, and this tower reminds me of classic. (plus if I build it in a normal game it's most likely nobody will use it)

Nabuco and Sir_Walter like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Would this not be better built inside the ground?

Still, seems pretty interesting, but especially weak to kegs and bombs. Still seems good.

Nabuco likes this.
  3. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Yeah it would but I was too lazy to dig out the dirt

4. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

You could just make a tower with an archer nook like this:
    c587c581d4a63ad777fb42321e21077a.png

This is best done 2 blocks off the ground, lets you shoot at the feet of unsuspecting knights, and also makes it harder for battle builders to get through the bottom of your tower.

5. +1 For very nostalgic loopholes on alpha.

6. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Built this today on a server, another builder turned it into an exit with spike spam on it. There was many times I could have used it. For example, it provided a great place to snipe the enemy ballista sitting on top of the hill, but nope. Had to destroy it.

BlueLuigi likes this.