1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] hidden trampoline trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by dayleaf, May 11, 2014.

?

do you like it?

1. yeah

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. so much images, OHMYGAD!

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Hi guys, i always loved all your buildings that you post here, and i wanted to create one, i started experimenting with trampolines and this is what i did.

screen-14-05-11-15-02-15.png
    screen-14-05-11-15-03-14.png
    screen-14-05-11-15-03-28.png screen-14-05-11-15-03-40.png

yeah i died there, but i didnt get the screnshot.

screen-14-05-11-15-04-38.png

Attached Files:

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hmm. Not quite sure how it works - could you shoot a short video of it?

Do the enemies have to walk into it? Where is the trampoline?

3. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

well sorry, i dont have a recording system/app, well, you see the 3 bridges? , the trampoline is IN them, its invisible,and when a enemy breaks into it, the trampoline make them bounce very fast killing them, you have to add something more on it, so they go throught and not over it.

4. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I like hiding objects inside upside-down platforms, as it's impossible to pick them back up without destroying the platforms (and often the item in the process).

Only problem is, you can still turn the trampoline on/off through said platforms. Enemies can interact with your trampolines, so after they die to it one time, they'll just turn it off.

5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

#trumbles here it is the improved version, the 2.0

screen-14-05-12-13-31-21.png
    screen-14-05-12-13-32-27.png

edit: you can build it with stone so its fireproof, anyway, thats the cheap way

6. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

mak moar traps

Translated: Make more traps sir, thank you. :smug:

7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

The biggest problem is that, no matter how elaborate you make a trampoline trap, an enemy can just turn it off. There's no way to build around that fact, it's just how it is.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

And you can turn it right back on. I doubt enemies would be able to pick it up in this trap as it is stuck in other blocks, and chances are many noobs who get stuck in it won't figure it out in time.

I'm not sure how exactly this works, and trampoline traps are usually fairly unreliable and a hassle to set up, but they look cool and are hilarious. This one looks like one of the more viable ones, actually (made out of stone).

9. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

well you can try building it, anyway, i "accidentally" made a way so corpses get destroyed, so anyone will note someone died there, and #DragonShark i will, im not good at building , when a CTF starts im just going around or building workshops only because i dont have to much ideas.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2014, Original Post Date: May 12, 2014 ---
    well, ask me for something, ANYTHING, and i will try to make a creative and simple way of it