1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1087] Knight takes no damage in "permanent stun" state

Discussion in 'Knight' started by stees, Apr 28, 2014.

1. stees

stees Builder Stabber

What's this thing where the knight is not taking any damage and looks like he's stuck in the stun state? My team had 3 knights slashing an enemy knight who just remained stunned without being hurt.

2. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

My guess is that you are seeing a person stuck in the damaged state animation on your screen, but was just shielding making it look like he was not taking damage without shielding.

This bug is becoming more prevalent in games these days, and is a really annoyance. When someone is stuck in the animation i can't see if they are charging a slash or not, and it is quite frankly game breaking.

@Geti

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

When I play archer ppl think I am flying around in the trees! ::D:

4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I have footage of geti killing me with this glitch in place on him.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm currently unsure if it happens only to knights or what, I'll be looking into this this week.

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It happens to archers too! It happened to me! ::D:

Geti likes this.
  7. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, don't worry. I tested this for you. It seems that all three classes get this "bugged" animation. I think what causes this is the Water arrow, or water bomb. I'm not too sure how it happens, but it's weird.

Geti likes this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Mnk, that's useful to know. Will look into it tomorrow probably, doing keg balance stuff tonight.

Auburn likes this.
  9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

This typically happens after joining a server. @Geti

When you join the game loads all of the character models and if someone gets stunned during this process, it leaves them as "stunned" in the sense that it is just their model.

A quick fix for this is just killing them, which resets their model for you.

Everyone else sees them as not stunned, so it is a client-side issue.

That is the only time I have seen this happen. And as kod said, they are not invul, they are just blocking with their shield and you don't see the animation.

------

On a separate note, however. When a person is disconnecting from the game, via, lagging out, their model stays in the game with full invul. They cannot attack, but do not take damage. This occurs in many other games I play, such as TF2, so I don't know if there is an easy fix for this.

10. Geti

I do play the game, I know the issue and have been on both ends, just not 100% sure of the specifics. ;^)

Re: invuln DCs - this is more due to them needing to send netcode updates for the hits on them to get dealt with. Not really my area, something else to nag MM about (along with the rest of the netcode...)