1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Keg catching -- Ultimate way to make Veterans mad

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Gurin, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Keg dropping is a very common performance shown by players all around the community. You're wondering how to stop them? Two simple things you will need to know, good ping and a decent finger to push the C key.

Coming from above, the killing blow to your team. You decide to catch it, it may either save yourself, your team, or your building. And on the right side, it makes the player mad as hell, as he just wasted 120 coins.

Kegs explode on impact if thrown from a high height, shooting arrows to change its direction.

Catch kegs midair before they touch the ground, I would normally jump them spam C to try and catch it, saving my team.

#OCCUPYKAGPLAYERSWHOKEGDROPANDMAKETHEMMAD2014

2. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

Void Vomit, often found on the Aus servers, is REALLY good at this. I throw kegs at him every so often without warning just to test him

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Seems the largest grab radius I could find would be about 5b, or so to the center, or edge of the other object's sprite.

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea, this is almost like with boulders in over-head traps, only more explosive.
    My only question, as I haven't been in a decent CTF or TTH game in a long while (no more than 4v4), does the keg explode while colliding with only foreground blocks, or can it activate when hitting an enemy?

5. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

It's better if you shoot it while it is falling and it gets flung into the tower of the enemy team.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It can hit an upwardly held shield, afaik.

7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Makes sense..
    Thanks, man.