1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Safe Spawn, Safe Workshops!

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Aurora-, May 26, 2014.

1. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

If you have been in the same server with me before you may know I always build assault workshops directly above the spawn tent. Since doing this I have tried to maximise the security of both the shops and the spawn. Here is what I've came up with:

screen-14-05-26-15-36-13.png

I've tested with fire arrows and it appears to be fire resistant as far as I know.

Feel free to share any tweaks you would make and any criticism you might have. ::):

2. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Looks good- only thing I would say is that if a knight gets to that point in your base and has a bomb left, they could get over it, switch to archer, buy a bomb arrow and boom, flag gone. However, they would have to be very skilled and lucky, and it looks pretty solid, as long as dumb teamies don't plaster ladders all over it.

Aurora- likes this.
  3. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, I've had a few scenarios where teammates -like you said- have placed ladders everywhere allowing the enemy to use the knight shop once they bomb jumped over. Thanks for the feedback. =]

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

The problem with testing fire arrows on your own stuff is that if it is attached by backwall to one of your team's workshops, it won't burn. Use !team 1 to change to the red team to test for fire proofing in sandbox. Fire arrows will only burn the platforms they hit if they are backed with stone so it's okay in this tower anyway.

It's actually possible to grapple over this by grappling the outermost plat then dropping, re-grappling and swinging out and round and over the top. Hard, but not too hard. If you added another plat or two on top, that would make it impossible the majority of the time.

Aurora- likes this.
  5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

But if you just made the top part taller, it would be easier to climb..

I'm not fond of trap-block-shops.. They're not secure. Better now, though, since knights can't slash trap blocks to pieces. It just leaves your shops vulnerable to being slashed apart as a knight tries to reach the top.

Aurora- likes this.
  6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Actually, a single plat higher makes it harder, but two plats is definitely easier. Extending it out a platform is probably the best option, I now realise.

7. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

I like it. mostly uses wood which is nothing. Trying to jump back there and do some shit is very difficult, which if you ask me is secure. As others said the worst threat is your own team being incompetent and throwing fucking ladders all over the place

Aurora- likes this.
  8. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

Thank you for the feedback everyone ::):

9. I think I'll be using this in the future ::):
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 11, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]

10. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

Good improvements, I like it! =]