1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Penetrating arrows

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Sounds good?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It is a bit wonky for archers to destroy ladder nowadays (fire arrows, bomb arrows and mines are the options). Also, if there is an archer who is standing at a catapult/ballista and shooting at you, then you can't shoot them because of the catapult is taking the hits. There is also a problem with flower which are not able for archers to destroy. There are some other example too. These are things that would easily be fixed with penetrating arrows.

Penetrating arrows?

Penetrating arrows.

What do you mean?

Arrows which flies through ladders, catapults, etc. will deal damage to the object but not stop flying. Then, archers can use flowers for healing, destroying ladders and deal damage to enemies at catapults.

THE ARROWS WILL NOT PENETRATE ENEMIES! ONLY SOME OBJECTS!

Hopefully, I have described good enough for you. Please share your thoughts.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    norill likes this.
  2. 10/10 would penetrate

seriously though, coding this would be problematic (but possible), because you would have to specify groups of objects to go through, to go through and damage, and collide and damage.

but i dont like the idea of normal arrows destroying ladders

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This topic makes me moist.

Anyway, arrows don't break ladders, they MAKE ladders. That's how it's always been, that's how it should always be.

4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

What about this is "balancing" anything, exactly?

Pizza likes this.
  5. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Maybe they wouldn't deal damage to ladders, but think about the idea. Grains would be for everyone!

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Maybe you could choose what to hit (highlighting it with the mouse, like a builder hit box). I know it would be alot of coding but it would be much more balanced.

Mods: Rainbows