1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac [1239] Shooting arrows

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Verzuvius, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Category: KAG Client

Operating system: Mac something

Build number: 1239

Description: If you try to shoot a shot when you charge up a shotgun shot you can't instead you shoot nothing. Happens only if you release the LMB at the right moment when it goes from normal shot to shogun shot, when it flashes, kinda...

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Shoot shots/play as archer.

kodysch, Fuzzle and zerd like this.
  2. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I have never had this happen to me before, and sure it hasn't to anyone else. It may be that bug where you use all arrows from a specific type, try to swap and it freezes for a few seconds.(?)

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Try to shoot arrows when it flashes/0,0000001 sec before...

4. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I have noticed similar behaviour, to what Verzuvius is mentioning, and decided too have a look in the code. Then thought I found the problem and posted it. Now I am not so sure and will have to take a look at it another day.

I left my old response in a spoiler in case it could help narrow the issue down.

I can at least confirm similar behaviour, and it is quite frustrating to die from (although it has saved me a handful of times).

In ArcherLogic.as, it looks to me like the condition at line 333 would not become true upon release of key_action1, the first time it reaches the condition of that charge-cycle.

This is due to archer.legolas_arrows not becoming equal to ArcherParams::legolas_arrows_count before line 433, that same tick.

At least that is how I interpret the code, I could be wrong, and did not bother runnig it with any debug logging.

Anyways, I can confirm the bug that Verzuvius reported or at least something similar within a few ticks of "perfect timing" for triple shot.

I encounter this bug pretty much every time I play. Let me know if anyone needs me to clarify what I believe is the cause of the bug in the script.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    kodysch, Fuzzle and Verzuvius like this.
  5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

this had happened to me before. its basically just lag

Verzuvius likes this.
  6. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

This happens all the time for me, I release the charge shot and it doesn't shoot, it's important to note that you keep the charged triple shot, and have to click again to shoot it. This is a really annoying bug.

Verzuvius and zerd like this.
  7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Can we get this fixed it's seriously annoying and kills me at least twice an hour.

Verzuvius likes this.
  8. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Confirmed.

Verzuvius likes this.