1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows (1337-1773) No gravity bug

Discussion in 'Archive' started by startselect3, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Category: KAG Server
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1337
    Description: I can fly when I go up a tree as an archer, gravity is lowered, I go very slow, I get accused for hacks, and it is awesome.
    Steps to reproduce: No idea, it happened totally randomly.
    Screenshots/Videos: No video, but I did get a screenshot of me flying. https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/2/AA...ZdMobNjPujDo0oX-NyUzs6jrHzF0uIM?size=1280x960 https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AA...F_IOFyaJ-8y2DEgBEDS14GuFaZjCmnk?size=1280x960. (sorry for long links)

Also, @kedram can confirm, I asked the mumble people to join when it happened, but only he showed up.

Gurin likes this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I've actually had this happen to me as well. I have a screenshot I posted on steam. I have no idea how this happened either, but I remember that it happened on a TDM server and it carried over to when I switched to a CTF server. You have to be archer in order for this to work. You begin to climb a tree like normal and your movement is slowed as if you were climbing ladders. You can keep wandering through the sky and even past the red barrier; however, you might drop randomly

startselect3 likes this.
  3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yes he was indeed flying, it also seemed some of the stuck at possition 0,0 was happening too, he was unable to look away at certain times and his emotes werent showing up for him. very strange indeed.

startselect3 likes this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@startselect3 I can't view those screenshots, so I'm not sure if others are able to either. Could you upload to imgur or straight to the forums?

5. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Happened to me too. Be an archer and climb a tree. Then you are free to move in any direction, you will fall eventually. Not sure if it is revelant, but I couldn't use my hook, my sprite didn't turn, emoticons weren't working.

Escariuz likes this.
  6. Escariuz

Escariuz Shark Slayer

It happened to me, I recorded a video.

Shadowor, RadioActive and Gurin like this.
  7. MrSceek

MrSceek Catapult Fodder

Build: 1373
    Description: When I grabbed a tree as archer and climbed up on i was able to fly. I was "walking" in the sky for a time then i fell down.
    Also i was able to go in the red boarder that is there when the game starts.
    Also i couldn't climb up some ladders.

Note: Someone told me he will report me for bug exploid because I was flying around, but i wasn't doing more.
    No kills or trying to win the game by flying. So a ban would be very inappropriate, I wasn't doing anything wrong.

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Happened to me, and I have some console logs from it. No idea how to reproduce though, but it has something to do with trees I'm guessing.

(in my logs, it is somewhere in the middle to the end)

Attached Files:

9. TheDirtySwine

Yeah this happened to me again twice in a row. I restarted the client and still had the problem. After a third time it finally went back to normal. Also notice how his body didn't turn when he had his cursor on the right side. This also happens as a result of whatever bug this is.

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Is there any reliable way to reproduce it?

11. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Not at all, it's like the bug where you can walk through the red barrier. It happens randomly but it is possible it has something to do with lag because it makes things very slow and everything is a very delayed.

12. TheDirtySwine

I've experienced this more frequently when changing servers and most frequently when playing on EU servers earlier today

13. TheDirtySwine

Lag is probably a major factor

14. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Confirmed, although I'll keep the thread open to see if someone finds a reliable way to reproduce.

15. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Several people I've seen this happen to can both walk through the red barrier and fly from trees. There could be a relationship.
    If this ever happens to you, remember to try going through the red barrier as well.

I've got a number of videos of people doing this, but they're all pretty similar. I'll upload them if it would be helpful though...

Another thing I've noticed that could just have nothing to do with the bug is that these people were spawning with no arrows visible in their quiver. But when they start charging a shot, then their quiver appears. I haven't seen that happen to anyone unable to fly.

There's been several flying people in basically every game I've played today

16. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

17. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

actually I faced this bug yesterday but it was worse than yours.
    First everything went OK then after I joined an official CTF server (I guess the EU one not sure tho) I found the first bug: I can't use the "M" button to show/hide the map (here the flying bug still didn't appear). Then I joined "the blackdeath CTF" , I faced the old bug (of the map not showing ) again.Now the weirdest part of all of it. I joined Daskew's server (Baron's Warchest Nice n' Small CTF) and then I saw some players abusing this flying archer bug.I thought they were kidding and trying to hide their hacks,then I realized that it was the new update fault when I jumped from a high roof to the red barrier and got across it as a knight (not archer), Lover was there too and saw me and tried to help me fix that bug,I went to enemy base and got a lot of other bugs here is a list of them:
    -I can't see my emoticons (other players see them)
    -I go through enemy doors :ehh:. (the doors doesn't open I just went across them).
    -enemy attacks doesnt harm me (like if I was one of their team ,or maybe a ghost?).
    -whenever I try to make a simple slash ,the doubleslash charges sooo fast like in 1 sec (that was weird and amazing in the same time and I was accused of being a SpeedHacker).
    -I was able to fly when an archer hitted me with an arrow and I used my shield.
    -you can't ever change your team (I wanted to go spectator to avoid abusing that bug,specially when everyone started yelling "HACKER!!!!")

now what happened when I swapped to archer:
    -you can't turn to the mouse direction when attacking with arrows,have a look on Escariuz video.
    -you can't see your own emoticons .
    -I wasn't able to use my hook ,in @Escariuz video it looks like he can use it without problems:huh?:
    -if you climb a tree and you release the "W" button you won't fall from it.
    -when climbing a tree if you go right or left you will start floating or flying.
    -I was able to go down when flying by just pressing "S" button ,If I didn't do that I can fall at any random time.
    -some of my arrows got through a castle wall and killed a builder behind it (this was fixed after a knight killed me)
    How to fix this:
    I got this fixed by restarting KAG (I had to restart it 3 times actually to get it fixed),swapping to other servers or rejoining the same server won't get it fixed.
    Steps to reproduce:
    >The knight bugs : I actually have no idea, it happened randomly (all what I have done is to jump from a high roof to the redbarrier and I went through it and everything got wrong later) [btw had anyone else got this bug too ?I believe it is related to the "flying archer" bug ]

>The archer bug : after getting the knight bug I climbed a tree and I realized that I can fly ::P: (I believe I can fly !!!)
    Nope, actually I had no LAG in the server in which I got all of those bugs, My ping was 66 (not high at all) while those with 266 ping didn't face anything ,In the official CTF server I got a bad ping but the only bug I faced was the map bug (map doesn't show when pressing "M")
    PS:even after fixing the archer and the knight bug the Map bug still persists.

Egholm likes this.
  18. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Yeah, I saw all this with Blackjoker.

Also he could stab maybe twice as fast as normal when he was knight.
    -Mc Loverbutt

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  19. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

I had very low ping too for it was an american server, and you still said that things were very delayed, like turning around, so I am still very sure it has to do with lag.

20. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Yesterday i saw three people (including me) have this bug, I reset my client four times, and it still happened until the fifth time. This bug is extremely out of hand. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.