1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1337] Spiderman across ceilings (Knight + Archer)

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Umel1_X, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Umel1_X

Umel1_X Baka Police Donator

If you ever need to get past a rather dangerous pit, and there happens to be a ceiling about you, or you want to pretend you're an assassin to preform a drop kill, this nifty little trick can help you. It's very easy to do once you know how, but can require the assistance of another player as an archer, but they don't have to be on your team.

In the demonstration, I used a rather harmless small pit, but it can be for any kind of ceiling at all.
    (I just couldn't be bothered to make a larger one.)

Tho I've personally never scored kills with it. Tell me if you do.

EDIT: It also works for builder, as all 3 classes can actually climb arrows. I think.... wai~

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Nice work @Umel1_X, Keep up the good work (Including squashing everyone who goes on AUS TDM)

3. uhhh I'm pretty sure it's just arrow climbing?

Verzuvius likes this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Of course it is! 25252525 I was thinking about saying that too, but I didn't want to ruin Umel1_x's day. :rekt::thumbs_up:

But if you started it so...

No arrows are need for a knight. Shield surf can give you the required speed.

I think you just need one single arrow if you are trying to do it with builder. Though, builders usually have some resources. :X3:

5. Umel1_X

Umel1_X Baka Police Donator

@Ej , yea.
    But it's spiderman.

@Verzuvius , the same technique can also be used for up to around 20 block gaps before arrows start failing. You sure about your chances for shield surfing those chasms of hell buddy? xD
    But you're right, there are more efficient methods of movement, such as the bombjump, but this thread was mostly just showing another alternate method.

6. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

The best use for this technique is allowing arrow ladders to allow knights to get past overhangs on enemy towers. It's pretty finicky and requires a lot of precision or a lot of arrows, but it means you can get get past any overhang without bombs.