1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Confirmed Engine KAG [1453] Glitched head when mod replaces BuilderFemale.png

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JaytleBee, Apr 28, 2015.

1. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Category: KAG Server
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1453
    Description: When Entities/Character/Builder/BuilderFemale.png is replaced by a mod (even if the mod's BuilderFemale.png is identical to the base game's BuilderFemale), heads and held items of female players will be displayed in the wrong position.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1) Create a new Mod in the game's mods folder
    2) Copy the base game's "Entities/Character/Builder/BuilderFemale.png" to the mod's "Entities/Character/Builder" folder.
    3) Add the Mod's name to mods.cfg
    4) Run "dedicatedserver.bat".
    5) Join the server and set your sex to female.
    Screenshots/Videos:
    screen-15-04-28-17-50-59.png

FunATuns, Diprog and makmoud98 like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Confirmed, same with the other characters.

3. marcel5

marcel5 Horde Gibber
    1. Zen Laboratories

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. marcel5

marcel5 Horde Gibber
    1. Zen Laboratories

The problem is still in version: 1591
    bugpersist.png

5. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

This bug is very annoying, i got it too on a Linux build.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The info that this only affects female sprites is quite useful; since they're both loaded in the same way, must be something to do with the precaching. I'll see if I can add dummy sprite references to the fem sprites in next build to "fix it"

Osmal, Frikman and makmoud98 like this.
  7. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

OMG, thank the heavens. You don't know how long I've waited for a fix for this. Hopefully the method you suggested works out.

8. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I believe this is an issue with the ReloadSprite() script as if you don't specify the full path of the sprite name, it doesn't reload the head pixels properly, resulting in floating head/items. The reason it works for males as opposed to females is that there's no reason to reload the male sprite as it's already loaded from the get go.

9. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That is indeed a workaround, but since it's only broken for these sprites (afaik? are there any others?) having a proper fix that doesn't break vanilla is surely a good thing.

I'm not convinced this is the reason, though it may prove to be. Looks to me that reloadsprite throws out whatever's there regardless of if it's about to be reloaded or not.

11. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Tbf, it might not be, but the code that loads the head pixels might be screwing up because of it.