1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1591] Has admin powers but has no admin tab

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vamist, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

This is not my bug, this is sombody who owns his own server, but is having a problem with admin, he can freeze, use /rcon, But does not have the admin tab when he press's esc

Category:
    KAG Server

Operating system: Windows 7

Build number: [1591]

Description: After he made his own server, he placed his self as a admin, he has freeze, and can use /rcon in the console, BUT When he press's esc, he has no "Admin" button like you should do

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Make your own server
    2. Place your self as admin
    3. You can freeze, /rcon, but no esc admin tab
    Picture :
    [​IMG]

Kazaco: See solution below

mcrifel likes this.
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Unable to reproduce on Linux Debian with both Guard and non-Guard accounts. Used all kinds of combinations, i.e. seclevs and rcon password on it's own. Can't test on windows since playing on the same computer as the server automatically gives you admin and (fake) dev status.

Did he set up his seclevs properly? Did he fiddle around with the features of seclevs?

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Vamist, tell him to try using /rcon /reloadsecurity this could fix it.
    I tried to reproduce the issue, but nothing wrong occurred (even tho I remember that I faced that problem once before and I believe that I go it fixed with reloadsecurity.)

4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Did he add himself to the admin seclev or does he just login to rcon with the password?

5. iarba

iarba Catapult Fodder

I'm the one with the problem, you can see that by matching my name.

I've done some more tests:
    1) I connected from another computer to the server, while being in the local network. After logging in with rcon, I did not get the admin menu.
    2) I connected from that same computer, now while connected to my mobile hotspot, so outside the local network. When I connected to the server and rcon, I DID get the admin menu.
    Both connection were made from the same steam account, using windows 10.

Therefore the problem has something to do with a local network connection (192.168.1.x ) and localhost (127.0.0.1 )

Regarding your question, I didn't touch the security levels, they should all have the default values.

6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

@iarba Read and comment on this, as its your bug .3.

mcrifel likes this.
  7. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Can't help you with why that's happening, but if you go to King Arthur's Gold/Security, open "superadmin.cfg.example" , write your username in there (so the second line says users = iarba; , save it as "superadmin.cfg" and rename "seclevs.cfg.example" to "seclevs.cfg" , you should always get the admin menu when logging on. You should also rename "normal.cfg.example" to "normal.cfg" to prevent other people from getting admin.
    You can read up on seclevs in the wiki.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  8. iarba

iarba Catapult Fodder

I tried doing what blackjoker told me, and it worked. ( thx a lot)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: there's still the problem of having to do this every time i open the game.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    blackjoker77777 likes this.
  9. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Ahh, you are using an rcon password. Add yourself to the super admin seclev.

10. iarba

iarba Catapult Fodder

After doing what HeX_ suggested, I still encounter the same problem. Even more, it appears the server can not find the seclevs.cfg file:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again i state this shouldn't be the main problem. Please consider the fact i don't get admin menu in a local area connection, but i do if I connect from outside. Connection were made using the same steam account, using rcon login. This means i do get admin menu with default security levels, but only outside the local network.

11. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Remove the ../ from the path for security. I guess you have on your machine really old installation of KAG. That was changed long time ago.

12. iarba

iarba Catapult Fodder

What I did:

1) Clearly I had corrupted game files, probably because I haven't played in a long time and the update protocol probably overlooked the ../ structure. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game from steam. Please note that the steam uninstaller doesn't remove all files, particularly the ones that could have been a problem:
    [​IMG]

I manually deleted the containing folder for a clean uninstall.

2) I reinstalled KAG and went to modify the files once more. I found out that there are files, freshly installed, that still contained the ../ structure:
    [​IMG]

These also appear on the wiki article on how to set up a server and setting up security levels:
    https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Server
    https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Security_Levels
    I know it's stated that these may be out of date, but such a big change to the engine should be included in the article.
    I tried starting the server without deleting those and, as expected, it handled just as before, files not being found. I was still able to log in with rcon.

3) After deleting the ../ structure, I found another interesting feature: not being able to log in with rcon, even though all security levels had the login command included(or any for higher levels), including superadmin, which also had my name there.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.