1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1656] "switch class button" icon clones while frozen.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheAverageMan, Dec 24, 2015.

1. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Category: Kag client
    Operating system: Win 8.1
    Build number: 1656
    Description: While frozen, holding E at the tent results in multiplying the choose class symbol. If you hold down for too long it will lag the game until you die. This happened on Iko's and I have not had the chance to test it on any other server. Not a problem if you simply dont hold E at the tent -still a cool bug to check out.
    Steps to reproduce: Get frozen by a mod (thx chickenleg) and hold E at the tent.
    Screenshots/Videos: http://i.imgur.com/9jSDWVh.png

butterscotch and blackjoker77777 like this.
  2. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

With regards to be frozen, being frozen is kind of a huge hack. If it is being used in a mod for anything other than punishing a griefer/hacker etc. I'd recommend the modder to change how the freeze somebody to use their own code. The freezing of players on a server will lead to other issues such as them being temporarily banned from the server if they leave while frozen.

If it's being used on griefer/hacker and they experience this issue, I'm not terribly worried. because one of the following will happen. a) they will be banned. b) they will be unfrozen at which point the bubbles will go away. c) they will lag out of the game because they pressed e to much, and they will be banned or they will rejoin the server.

Looking into fixing it: I don't really know where to start this could be a script issue or engine issue, either is bad. I could probably try reseting the e key so they can't even use the tent.

TheAverageMan likes this.