1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1796] Ballistas don't allow changing class

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ShnitzelKiller, Mar 26, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Categroy: KAG Client

Operating System: Windows 10

Build number: 1796

Description:
    Sometimes, ballistas do not allow you to change class; pressing E while standing at a ballista does not cause the green arrow button to appear. This bug comes and goes, and it appears that when it happens for one ballista, it happens for all ballistas. Playing for a while and coming back to the ballista later seems to make it go away sometimes, but currently, half the time you can expect not to be able to switch classes.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Make some ballistas, and play for a while. Eventually you'll encounter the bug when trying to switch class at one. I don't know the exact conditions that trigger it, but it is quite common.

Note: This bug has been in the game for many builds before this one. There is frequent mention of ballistas "breaking."

Kazaco: makmoud/norill say it is fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2016
    Lava, PUNK123 and Osmal like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This bug would easily be solved for most cases with limiting the spawned ballistas to a maximun of 1.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Might this maybe be caused by the button being too high, and if you're low enough, then button doesn't appear?

4. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The bug usually occurs when two ballistas are placed too close to each other. My guess is that the button logic is being confused between the entities. Only in-game fix that I know of is to destroy one of the neighboring ballista.

Vamist likes this.
  5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Can say that you are correct.

I did a small test, two ballista's, I placed a ballista at the end of the path, And i placed one 7 blocks away, They both worked fine, Both buttons worked, Was able to change class, As here

Like so, it works, But when i did it from 6 blocks away, They did not work, The switch class button did not work, and was unlivable, After i collapsed the bridge, And one of the ballista's broke, The other ballista worked.

makmoud98 and Kazaco97 like this.
  6. it's been fixed a while ago

edit by makmoud98: locking the thread since it has been fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.