1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1830] Bomb bolt tech does not upgrade onto existing ballistas

Discussion in 'Archive' started by an_obamanation, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Category: KAG Client
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional 32 bit
    Build number: [1830]
    Description: I just noticed this recently, so it may or may not be an actual bug and could just be a gameplay mechanic but, when you get bomb bolt technology and you have a ballista already on the field with bolts in it, it'll still shoot out regular bolts instead of bomb bolts. There is no way from what I know of to take the bolts out which means that you're stuck firing the regular crappy bolts until (I assume) you run out and can replace them with newer ones, which may or may not fix the issue. This could also become a big issue when you have a ballista that's filled with bolts, but will only shoot out regular ones because it decided to not upgrade.
    EDIT: Just tested it some more, the problem still persists even if you exhaust the existing bolts and buy brand new ones, this doesn't really show it well but you'll just have to trust me when I say that I bought brand new bolts after firing the first 12 and had bought the bomb bolt tech Steps to reproduce:
    Build a vehicle shop
    2. Buy a ballista
    3. Place ballista
    4. Purchase bomb bolt tech
    5. Try shooting, it should shoot out regular bolts instead of the bomb bolts you just upgraded to
    Screenshots: Unfortunately I am ignorant when it comes to capturing my screen so these screenshots are all going to be links to screenshots I took through steam, it's a bit obnoxious I know but I really have no other way of doing it atm.

Again, no clue if this is supposed to be happening or not but either way it's a bad thing to have. It screws over those who buy a ballista first to help their team and later upgrade it to use destructive power, this is especially a problem with the new nerfing that makes bolts so expensive. I don't wanna waste 300 coins on bolts just to find out that the ballista decided it didn't feel like upgrading that day. I replicated this in a single player sandbox server on the latest build [1830] which includes the new hotfixes.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Lava likes this.
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This is a feature. If you deploy a ballista while there is no bomb bolt tech you cannot get it working without getting a new ballista. The reason is that once you spawn a ballista, it does a check in the onInit hook and checks for the tech. It never tries to check it anywhere else, which is what leads me to believe this is intended.

3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

If this is truly a feature then it really needs to be changed with the new ballista nerfs. For players who don't know about it yet it could cost them the game by them buying hundreds of coins worth of ballista bolts just to find out they need a brand new one, if it truly is a feature then I'll go whine about it in the suggestions and ideas page instead but this is such a weird and problematic thing that it seems highly likely that it's a bug.

4. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

It has been like this since release. Adding onto what @makmoud98 said, ballistas automatically upgrading would not show game progression. Early game items should be different from late game. You can start a discussion in the suggestion thread, but this is not a bug.

Locked.

makmoud98 and an_obamanation like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.