1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

'2' at end of name; unable to join servers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by xRPEx, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 743
    Description: My name has a '2' at the end of it, and this is in single player. I can't join any multiplayer servers, either, since none seem to 'respond'. (as seen with the absense of connection bars). I've tried repairing, but it did nothing. I'm not sure how this even began, too.
    Steps to reproduce: Unknown
    Screenshots/Videos: screen-13-05-27-21-57-25.png screen-13-05-27-21-58-14.png

MrError and kaizokuroof like this.
  2. Krono

Krono Drill Rusher

I've seen that appended to my name as well. I think it has something to do with how the offline server handles players. The first few times I tinkered around in the sandbox, my name displayed correctly. The first time it happened to me, though, I just didn't spawn. At all. I also couldn't switch teams or go spectator. Had to restart the game, and when I did, that 2 was added to my name.

Also, I think your problem might have to do with your ping. I've noticed that anything above 300 ping says "Not Responding". Might have to do with individual server settings disallowing you from even trying to get into the server, I dunno.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  3. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

Nah, I live on the east coast of USA, I'll get at least 66-100 ping on MM's server, like I usually do.
    </br>--- merged: May 28, 2013 7:59 PM ---</br>
    This is happening to me on the classic KAG too, but I don't get a '2' at the end of my name. No servers have connection bars, can't join, etc.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  4. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

Reinstall the game.

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This sounds like the type of thing that is due to having a server for some reason running in the background, did you check your open processes?

6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Also, if you join a server while logged in on two different computers, you will join with a 2 at the end of your name.
    Ex:

If i joined Beo's war server on my laptop as "Froghead48" and then joined Beo's war server on my computer as "Froghead48" the latter would have a '2' added to the name to make it "Froghead482".

Always works for me.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  7. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

I haven't been on in I think 3 days, everything seems fine after doing nothing. Still don't know what caused it though, because I wasn't logged in on two computers.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  8. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

I have it on SinglePlayer, but no problems joining servers.

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I guess everybody got that offline bug.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Everybody haves, but the multiplayer problem sounds like a firewall misconfiguration.

11. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

I've seen that whenever the internet you're connecting to doesn't allow connections to servers. If you could test this out by trying to connect to webchat.quakenet.org, that would be great. Have you recently started using a new router or connecting to a different local wifi?

12. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

My internet has been screwing up lately so my family has reset the router like 3 times, that must have done the trick.

13. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Bumpity Bump - Has anyone has this issue since the original report? I've had it in single player, but even with the 2 I never had problems logging into multiplayer server, as my name would just append back to the original "kaizokuroof"

Please OP respond! or anyone, that had this issue (pretty sure this can be close, however will keep it open for the next week to see if anyone else has/had this issue recently).

14. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

I still have the "2" and I sometimes can't choose my hats in singleplayer, but the multiplayer part resolved itself.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  15. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I'll report this bug for single player/offline player for now, if anyone gets this issue when attempting to connect to multiplayer servers, please PM me and I'll re-open this thread and we can troubleshoot further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.