1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG 20100 Ping into a ban

Discussion in 'Help' started by Dish0ut, Mar 23, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Dish0ut

Dish0ut Base Burner

As you read in the title. as of today, attempting to join any KAG server results in my ping spiking up to 20100 after a few moments, me getting disconnected and then being banned from the server. As for the Ban, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an autoban put in place for when someone has too high of a Ping. But why does my Ping spike like this? Is it just my internet or the game?

My NAT type is moderate, and it's never done something like this before.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You can check out the network graph by opening the console (home key) and then typing "/n_graph 1" (no quotes).
    If there's big holes in the graph, either the server is struggling or (more likely if its every server), your net is having a hard time.
    Could be overutilisation from TCP traffic causing the UDP packets sent by the game to drop, needing to be manually resent which can cause your apparent ping to get huge and eventually drop from the game, but its really hard to be definitive about these things. If there's anyone else in your house and they're streaming or torrenting stuff, talk to them about limiting the rate or times at which they do that. If it's you, same thing applies ;)

The bans are indeed likely ping bans, which generally last about thirty minutes.

Noburu, Dish0ut and RadioActive like this.
  3. Dish0ut

Dish0ut Base Burner

Thank you! I'll check when I get the chance.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey