1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Acavado Spikes

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Hi.

So before we had a few types of spike traps made safe for your team. Team bridges can be used to make a third kind.

basic acavado trap.png

Safe for teammates. When an enemy comes forward (in this shot, from the left) the bridges retract and the spike reorient themselves to the ceiling. Since you are forced to jump to continue, baddies break themselves on the ceiling.

For ze best murderin' efficiency you can make a fuller ceiling and place spikes both to the right and left. This removes the possibility of enemies bouncing off a safe ceiling block and past the spike, or hitting the ceiling for a little bit of damage and surviving. It also seems like two block jumps are the best at instagibbing enemies. It's something with the speed that a medium high jump gives you.

Best used when there happen to be a close ceiling, as there are in tunnels. Has the advantage of leaving you and your mates enemy resources in a safe place not filled with spikes. There a number of practical applications that you can figure out for yourselves. :>

screen-11-11-08-10-14-06.png

(Used to be this before I realized that squeezing through a gap wasn't strictly necessary.)
    screen-11-11-08-14-24-07.png

2. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Extracted this post from the Useful Buildings Thread and put it here. I think its a very simple design that has a lot of uses if done right. Definately a classic. Put into Overview since it allready got 8 likes.

3. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I use this all of the time. Best. Trap. Ever.

If you're pinned during the sudden death period without lives, this is extremely effective at whittling down the enemy's lives.

I think I've gotten about 20-25 kills with one of these in the span of about 5 or 10 minutes.

4. Labla

Labla Shopkeep Stealer

Great trap, on first sight I didn't noticed how friends can safely pass the trap. The trick is very simple - teammates cannot actually stand on trap door (to get through they will need to squeeze between the ground and castle wall block) . Thanks for sharing, I love the idea.

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i use this all the time

6. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

This trap is a beast!Bravo!
    I was very low on rocks,there was a rush in the tunnel,which I had to stop somehow.With this baby I've repelled 3 waves of knights in a tunnel and killed like 8-14 in total : I laughed hard at poor speed hacker knight, who got annihilated on 200 km/h speed - his gibs flew till the left end of tunnel!

2 questions though :

-How much hp does it actually take away?I saw an archer instagibbed once,and I've seen only 1 knight to survive jump into that freaking KnightBlender,so I assume it takes 2 hearts away.
    -What height for the required jump is ideal - or it doest matter?

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

not sure but 2 blocks are better than 1 block since it's possible for careful players to slide through. a short hop over a 1 tile block is easier than something that requires more reach

8. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Was trying to make something similar but made my team only trap xD

GJ

BTW, you can pass through it safely if you tap the up button and not hold it all the time :p

9. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

The damage varies depending on how hard you jump into them so a three block high jump is slightly, slightly, more vulnerable to leaving a knight alive. And evidently, a one block high jump is like that too? Seems you gain speed the longer the hold the jump button.

Two blocks win.

I guess I'll edit the first post with some more information.

shhhh

(If you actually know this you'll be able to pass by regardless of the height of the jump.)

10. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I like it more this way in tunnels, a one way door so enemies wont be able to rush and they will die if they get in your back. Usually place a total tunnel full with that so you are only able to run there in the enemy's direction. *

[​IMG]

*only on important areas like under castles

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Great trap! I used it and it works!

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Listen up. Before you read any further, let me warn you that if you claim to be a friend of mine, then that means you read my forum posts. As a friend, this would mean you've read this post, which means if you fall for this trick more than one time, I'll have to assume you don't read my forum posts, because this is kind of REQUIRED READING. Okay, now that this nonsense is out of the way, meet... the Death Funnel.

[​IMG]
    Edit: The leftmost brick does not need to be there. If you remove it, allies can glitch jump but enemies still get slaughtered.

This is the base form. I discovered this by complete accident. This funnel is 100% safe for allies, and murder for enemies. No really, it insta-kills any enemy that tries to jump-glitch through it in less than 30 milliseconds. I discovered this when playing a team VS AI match and the AI were getting slaughtered by the hundreds in less than a second each, and the AI had twelve HP each.

The only thing that could make this more effective is FOW. Observe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BAM HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED??? Now, any observant player would notice that the spikes are most likely there. What they WON'T notice though, is that there is no way past the spikes, even glitch jumping. Keep in mind it can murder at least 12 HP INSTANTLY.

Remember. You have read this topic now. Falling for this trick once in a match is okay. A second time is unforgivable, and makes you a fool.

EDIT Wyeth: Merged due to too much similarity, please refrain from posting almost identical designs into their own threads. Thanks.

13. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I don't actually see the spikes in there, then again, I have bad eyes.
    Though I'd assume the enemy isn't stupid enough to leave that unprotected, and just try to bombjump over it/bomb the shit out of it.
    It does look like it'd work extremely well vs bots though, good job.

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well even the fortress model is still pretty basic. You would concievably add more to it to prevent bomb jumping and such. And the two black holes are where most players would expect the spikes to be, you don't actually see them till you get close xD

15. Rayne

True enough.
    I'ma try this next time I do co-op so I can see carnage 8D

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Good versus bots, just don't get them stuck in the interior prior o the trap or they will ladder up.

17. Rayne

For bots, just put some stone blocks there, and they can't ladder up.

18. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

every knight can bomb dig under that funnel,i like the idea but its just a little easy getting around it.
    a few ladders,the structure gives no advantage against archers whatsoever. making invading it a bit easy.
    but then again,not something too shabby to add to the list of traps.
    as for the 2nd structure,well everyone does that already...
    ill try these out,ty.

19. emt321

emt321 Shipwright

Another Glowing endearment- Ive used them In about a dozen games thus far, each time severely harming the enemy team.
    I have noticed that making them on the sides of hills, out of natural terrain, seems to take people off guard. So does chaining them together, and filling the entrance to the small tunnel with bridges so that the tunnel is dark.

I think their applications underground can be explored further, anyone willing to help work on that?

20. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

A little unfair against bots, this one.