1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Cryptlys Guide -> Featured in Big Builder Guide

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Cryptly, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Cryptly

Cryptly Shipwright

Alright here are some side notes about random stuff
    Traps can be anything from buildings that can collapse to trapdoors with spikes underneath (Spikes don’t hurt if u walk across it)
    Knights can’t dig through stone only dirt
    Remember to be flexible
    If you need help from a fighting class don’t be afraid to call for one
    Your team mates may call you to construct “extra buildings” do so at your own discretion.(usually it will be to remove an object or make some ladders don’t be afraid to ask for what reason they need you).
    There is gravity in this game if there is nothing holding something up then it will go down.
    Keep doing something at all times if it’s not building something then its gathering resources or firing a catapult.(Catapult controls is press “E” at the catapult and hover your mouse over what you want to do firstly you’re going to need to load it with a person or rocks then go to the firing button no there will not be a visual change when you’re in firing mode hold left mouse button down while facing in the direction you would like to fire you should practice with rocks before attempting to fire your team mates in to the enemy bases).
    Builders can hurt and kill a knight and archer (they only do half a heart worth of damage but it’s sometimes enough to assist your team mate in a fight they’re losing).
    Read the forums for different building ideas and info that may be useful use at your own discretion.
    There may be times that someone with some good plans needs you to do something you normally don’t do. You may do so at your own discretion.
    Press the “F” button to bring up stuff you can build.
    I wrote this to help builders know on what they can be doing at all times. It’s not perfect but it will give them a foundation for doing fights that they may or may not add on to (Builders will normally have to do some unexpected things to win).
    -Cryptly (Kekeke)

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  2. SirZergling

SirZergling Shipwright

Also remember that archers count on you to build archer towers for sieges.

They are at least 10 blocks high, and on one side at the top there should be a window made from a team door.
    At the bottom of the archer tower there should be 2 ways in on both sides made from 2 team doors (NOT FOUR), and a quarters.
    At the middle of the tower should be a bombshop, and the top room an arrowshop.

These towers are a good way to stop your team from dying and stop your enemys from taking ground.

Noburu likes this.
  3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

please bold this

also, "don't play a builder until you understand how the game works"
    also, "dont stand in the way of a builder"

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Great list, just needs some bullets and general editing for easier readability.

and PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS AGAIN
    Don’t build multiple doors in a row this slows down your team and doesn’t provide much defence against enemies.

SirZergling and Neat like this.
  5. Cryptly

Cryptly Shipwright

this whole thing needs to be shot and destroyed wasn't happy with it so making a easier to read and updated for the upcoming patches

Noburu likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Could someone please format the Big Builder Guide? Currently it's a wall of text
    and is really hard to read as a result...

Ta! :)

EDIT Wyeth: No spam posts!

Noburu and Acavado like this.
  7. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Cryptly said he would.... nov 6th... and he wasn't seen since then. No idea what happened to him :/
    If anyone wants to redo the builder guide go ahead, just PM it to me I will sort it out.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm an expert builder. I'll give it a go.

Edit: Wait isn't the one that's stickied the official guide?

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry Wyeth, just making my point.

Edit: While I've not the time currently to write a whole guide, I can offer my skills as an editor/proof reader if they're needed. ;)

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

Excellent. :D