1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Effective archer nests/catapult nests design

Discussion in 'Builder' started by ComboBreaker, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Aside from primitive wall and

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

kind of bunker,what kind of nests do you find effective and semi simple to do?
    Also,I dont know which kind of protection you can add to cata nest besides simple wall 3-4 blocks,as you dont want to block your shooting zone.

Edit Wyeth: What are you doing Combo? Stop deleting and reposting your threads/posts. Make up your mind!

2. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I think Labla has something to say about this. Check the [203] Builder Discussion there is a post concerning this very issue on there.
    Aside from that I don't think archers would appreciate this structure as it doesn't give them enough angles to shoot from (just 1 in the first structure and 2 in the second) Try to be a little more creative or archers will ignore your structure completely... what they are likely to do anyways.

My new archer nest:
    archernest_expl.png
    1. Shifted stone to maximize shooting arc. Dabbles as gravity trab/stepping stone.
    2. Ladders and Team Doors, stops people from falling out directly, archers can stand on the ladders to shoot in any directiong below and knights can drop out if the a door under the structure is attacked heavily.
    3. Second row of Ladders so that you wont slip down as soon as someone opens the lower two teamdoors. Shute on the top gives you a way to attack elevated targets.
    4. Murder section mostly two doors with this gap inbetween below, archers can simply rain death upon anyone trying to break through, if they are present.

Now to the areas you can shoot into:
    archernest_area.png

Yellow: Areas you can directly shoot into.
    Crossed: Area which you can only shoot through using lower charged (gray) arrows.

As you can see its easily possible to shoot almost anywhere. the only thing this nest doesn't let you do is lobbing shots (or only in a restricted manner), but keep in mind normally you can get on the roof quite easily or behind it to long range lob. So this is not really a big deal.

Yess, cykalu and BlueLuigi like this.