1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Server Browser Chrome Extension [v2.4]

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by epsilon, Jan 3, 2018.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Ahh okay wasn't sure..! Pretty useful though. :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    epsilon likes this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Hello everyone, thanks for using my extension!
    Now that I've greatly improved my knowledge of JavaScript and realised the power of libraries, I decided to remake the extension from scratch with a few tweaks and additions. This time I've learnt from my mistakes and have utilised JQuery and CSS grids.
    I've only been able to test the extension on Windows so please let me know if stuff looks misaligned or unusable on other operating systems.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kag-server-browser/aipcclcgemecihikpdgfoonlfpjkekmp
    If you are having issues after the update, try reinstalling the extension.

Changes:
    • Launching a server which has a password prompts you to enter the password
    • Double clicking on a server launches the server
    • Typing anywhere automatically starts typing in the search textbox
    • Modded servers with API-validated mods have the thumbs up icon
    • Removed spellcheck from the search textbox
    • Drag to scroll the server list, server info and minimap. Togglable in options (except minimap dragging)
    • Search textbox prevents unnecessary whitespace from being entered
    • If only one server is listed in the server list, that server is automatically selected and its info displayed
    • The gamemode filter dropdown only shows the gamemodes that are being hosted rather than some specific mods being hardcoded in
    • Clicking on the player % slider track moves the nearest handle
    • Passwords are saved specific to each server
    • Links starting with http(s):// and emails in the server description are clickable
    • Removed 'MODS USED' section from server descriptions because it looked ugly and sometimes got cut off by the 146 character description limit
    • The last notification from each server is remembered to reduce notification spam
    • Notifications shouldn't sometimes show up all at once after you exit a fullscreen application
    • Click on a notification to join the server and/or immediately hide it. If the server requires a password it automatically uses whatever is saved. Togglable in options
    • If the selected server's name is too long to be fully displayed, a tooltip with the full server name will be displayed while hovering
    • Removed support for Firefox. After all, this is a 'Chrome' extension...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2018 ---
    Just uploaded a small update to the extension!
    Sorry if your settings reset as a result. I don't know how to make them persist between updates.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kag-server-browser/aipcclcgemecihikpdgfoonlfpjkekmp

Changes:
    • The badge displayed on the icon immediately updates when changing its options
    • Drag to scroll server list and server info option is now disabled by default (suggested by @Tern)
    • Servers with no name are displayed properly
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    Updated the extension once again.

Changes:
    • Servers can be loaded instantly by enabling it in options (disabled by default)
    • Added pointer cursor for enabled checkboxes and dropdowns in the options menu

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    gausscone, kasra345, Tern and 5 others like this.
  3. gausscone

gausscone Unseasoned, but stainless

This is pretty great! I unfortunately can't say much for it myself seeing as I don't regularly use Chrome, but even looking at it, I can tell that this has had quite a bit put in. It's actually proved more useful than the ingame browser and the fish counter once... twice... okay, many times. Can't blame a guy for caring about KAG.

epsilon likes this.
  4. Ronaldogabr

Ronaldogabr Horde Gibber

Thx for that!!!

epsilon likes this.
  5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Once again I return with a complete rewrite of the extension. Behold... a new and improve, far superior KAG server browser Chrome extension coming to your web browser as soon as the update is approved!

For those who don't already have the extension, you can get it here. For the rest who have been using the extension for some time now, it would mean a lot if you could leave a pleasing review on the store page. If you would like to do more, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts within the community.

Changelog:
    • Rewrote the extension from scratch
    • Added keyboard navigation
    • Added ability to add friends by clicking on their name
    • Added server password modal
    • Added popup modal when the extension is installed or updated
    • Added right-click context menu for various things
    • Added ability to filter servers by clicking on server icons
    • Added hover text to server icons and name
    • Added filter buttons for official and favourited servers
    • Added server country flags and ability to sort by country
    • Added multiple new options to the options menu
    • Added back mods used in server description
    • Joining a server no longer opens a new tab (except when joining through a notification)
    • Improved options menu layout
    • Improved searching
    • Fixed several bugs

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Ni and blackjoker77777 like this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey