1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[281] Trap 33

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Zeigy, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

I have been testing this design in games.

Untitled.jpg

Basically, you want to make this trap appear to give access to the enemy who will jump up from the left side into the trap thinking he will come out the other end. Of course he has already lost half his hearts by the time he gets into it and exiting either end results in the trap finishing him off.

It's team safe by making the right side five blocks high so that it cannot be entered from the right side (assuming your base is on the right).

Sometimes the enemy will get knocked back out so it would be good to put a trap in the ground on the left side covered with team bridges.

I'm still refining it, any input would be appreciated as I am a new player and don't fully understand how auto spikes, air spikes and spike setup should work to ensure a trap completely kills its prey.

Trap modifications:

You can make the trap as tall as you want if you want the enemy to get stuck at a high altitude or pushed back down by the spike to his death.

The top right part can be inverted so instead of exiting down you exit out the top.

Untitled.jpg

Input please. I want to make it as deadly as possible.

DarkD4 and killatron46 like this.
  2. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

Amazing you should really just add floor spikes don't make traps they are horrible and considered derp buildings

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Whoa this looks awesome, will definitely need to try it, I've seen a working version of this that wasn't teamsafe, I very much WTF'd and died on the spikes. (Was covered by glitch tree partially heh).

Will test it out tomorrow probably.

Zeigy likes this.
  4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

No, ShadowFire that would be incorrect, bad traps don't work, its the good traps that work. :p

This trap designs looks like it would work, but it may be fairly easy to avoid, have you tested it as though the bridges weren't there? (enemies point of view).

In previous builds, there were easier ways to make insta kill traps. Now it is a lot harder to make something insta kill, but stuff that damages the enemy is still possible. If you haven't already, see the Corner Spike thread and BC's 3x3 trap thread. These two threads have some great traps in them. Also, if you came into the game and didn't see any pre-build 228 insta kill traps, one of Acavado's traps were it. When impaled on the ceiling, the knock back from the previous hit would redouble and you would instantly die. In build 265/282 (now) ceiling spikes don't register, but you can make an upside down air spike with a broken teambridge. Those work fairly well but they aren't as insta kill as Acavado's were.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, nice trap!

Zeigy likes this.
  5. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

I didnt mean it like that (stupid punctuation) i meant when he said to put a spike trap on the floor :)

6. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

I like your idea, but I find it that only the bottom spikes works properly and the upper ones rather randomly (only when you press left or right on top of them) As you stated that you wanted input. So I've made a few edits to your trap that could insta-gib / or at least damage pushing away or just trap the enemy troops. Ladder represents a broken trapbridge. You can add corner spikes to this as well, if you like. Cheers.

:castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::ladder_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::bridge::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:

Zeigy likes this.