1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Catching Arrows?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Hellsteeth, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Hellsteeth

Hellsteeth Catapult Fodder

I seem to remember reading (I think on the KAG wiki) that archers can use their arrow picking up ability to catch arrows mid-flight. Tremendously enthused by the idea of honing my reflexes to effectively make me invulnerable to shots I set out to try it for myself....I died. Many, many times.
    It would almost be too good to be true, but is it actually possible? Or do I deserve the legion of 'LOL's I received?
    Don't get me wrong, I think the game is very well balanced between the classes, and the gameplay is already superb! Just asking...

Cheers

2. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

Wow we got a badass over here \-O.O-/ but on a more serious not you are going to get spammed by people saying OMG ARCHER SO OP with 1337 language so you might want to edit that out oh and i think it was taken out but you'll have to ask somebody who doesn't play knight :)

3. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

I remember doing in once...somehow....Never did it again must have been pure luck :(

4. mrbiscuitify

mrbiscuitify Horde Gibber

I did it once while picking up my enemies arrows :)

5. Emurus

Emurus Catapult Fodder

It's hard and I can usually do it, but remembering to do it is hard for me...
    I usually don't focus on those kinds of things, though it would really help my team wouldn't it... Hmmm...

6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

When im bored I usually juggle my arrows by shooting them up and catching them as they come down...

Eggnogg, Bammboo, Rayne and 3 others like this.
  7. zninja

zninja Shopkeep Stealer

I was picking up arrows from the ground when I realized that I was also picking up my archer buddy's arrows as he was shooting them right behind me. So I accidentally stole his arrows :D

8. SonofSkz

SonofSkz Shipwright

Yes i believe you can do it (ive mysteriously done it myself a couple of times), but relying on it to save you is a bad move, maybe try it as a last ditch save. if you are going to stand in front of enemies as they shoot arrows at you it wont end well.

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yeah what sonofskz said, it's hard to do and feels based on luck, but man, when you do it, saving your life, you feel so good.

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Light arrows, super easy, medium arrows take getting used to, max takes a lot of skill or luck. There are several topics on this, next time search first eh?

11. Hellsteeth

Good to know! And yeah, it didn't seem like the sort of mechanic you could rely on, but I'll know now that my right-clicking was not in vein!
    See you all on the battlefield.
    Thanks.

12. AyesDyef

AyesDyef Hat enthusiast. Donator

You can also yoink the arrows embedded in your team mates, and their corpses as well :3

13. Hellsteeth

One of the easiest ways of replenishing arrows. Found that a while ago. Thanks though.

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

If y0u are running away from another archer (he's got full lives, you are as good as dead)
    then its a good idea to rightclick spam the space in front of him,
    so that you'll probably catch his arrows.:D

15. Tankman652

Tankman652 Shipwright

I can do it it’s just that it takes a lot of skill. The easiest way that I've found to do it is to hold down your right and left mouse triggers and you go into a strange position. Makes arrows easy to catch in mid air < makes character move slower and harder to jump.

16. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

You can catch arrows midair depending on their velocity or your movement.

17. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Don't forget, when you get hurt by an arrow as an archer, you can pull it out of you and return the favor. ;)

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

And, if you see a teammate (or even an enemy), live or dead, with arrows in him / his shield, you can use those too!
    I once "harvested" some knights;
    they were shielding against an arrow rain, made by 6 archers, and I simply picked the arrows of their shields!
    It gave me 234 arrows, and 6 dead enemy archers!:B):

acridstone, DarkD4 and GrimWaltz like this.
  19. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

I think the trick to this is to hold left and right click while you are in midair(i.e. jumping from tree to tree).
    I will now practice this in solo death-match. :D

20. kebabs44

kebabs44 Shark Slayer

It depends on the speed of the arrow that is coming at you. So you can catch them if they are slow enough without getting hurt but it's better to just take cover or dodge them.