1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[345] Knight Discussion

Discussion in 'Knight' started by BlueLuigi, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This log is only posted for reference.
    This is not meant to restrict the discussion only to the contents of the log.

Code:
        - authentication system now uses KAG API (https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/API_Overview)
        - fixed duplicate IP preventing from LAN play
        - user roles separated (admin, guard, tester)
        - added new default gamemode Rapid Team Deathmatch
        - added default "Beginner" server filter
        - default chat key is [T] or [ENTER]
        - team chat is launched with [Y]
        - vote keys on Mac OSX are [+] and [-]
        - strings are loaded from .irrst files located in Base/StringTables
        - fixed barrier dissapearing on client when match not started
        - added random Lance bot to addBot command
        - error message for duplicate master login
        - fixed securitysetup using username instead of name
        - fixed builder killing with hammer msg
        - fixed couple of crash reasons
        - fixed network clantag exploit
        - fixed net logging of IPs
        - added serverMessage("message"); console/script command
        - boulder multiplayer crash fixed
        - fixed network connection memory leak
        - added no GUI mode (F6)
        - fixed squeezing
        - fixed server console "CAN'T PICK' spamming
        - removed console "banned client trying to connect" msg
        - ESCAPE also closes scoreboard
        - added "Open external browser" button to awesomium browser
        - server has chat texts logged in console
        - random chests and lanterns are specified in the generator file
        - all disconnection messages appear in popups
        - fixed lantern and kegs in non-gold servers
        - fixed launcher graphic flickering
        - fixed connection messages error and returning to menu
        - admins are now red in scoreboard
        - fixed spikes spawning dummy blocks
        - Ban system overhaul (\unban)
        unban works via username
        bans stored in securitysetup.cfg
        ban player needs to take username param
        - removed hwid related ban stuff
        - removed bans on kick
        - guards and admins can always see player labels on hover
        - when someone marks for vote kicks server announces it
        - fixed wrong rooms appearings in mods
        - game launches from menu only after succesful connect
        - fixed bad delta msgs on server on player join

--
    Now, I posted this since Wyeth hasn't yet and I honestly had something I really wanted to talk about, mainly this:
    What are we going to do to try and bring some more actual talk around Knight Combat? Surely we can start gleaming some information before knight combat gets 'fixed', I know it's buggy and unstable as fuck right now, but hopefully we can get some talks going about stuff in general.

I'll start with this for more recent builds:
    In tunnels or anywhere where there is a block above your head it 'absorbs' the slash, leaving tunnels mainly for jab fighting. which can be very obnoxious.

2. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

I always found shielding in 2 block tall tunnels made you invincible to power-slashes, however, shield-bashing is easy to do in such tunnels if you spam jump and shield.

On another note I found a rhythm to jabbing. If you shield, and let the enemy jab at you and you place your jab right after his, you will not clash and instead get the hit, seems to be a small moment where he is neither jabbing or shielding. Requires a crazy amount of timing skill and is hard to pull off a kill, but still do-able.

SARGRA13, GHOZT and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

If you don't jump so much it helps with the tunnel bug. The slashes seem kind of really fucked up in their hitboxes in general though. It's very, very difficult to hit people "under you" unless you actually move farther away from them. It's really counter intuitive.

Really, from the last build that changed knight combat had three really major improvements from the last. One is the slash accuracy and lag, another is the lag/porting regarding the direction in which a person is facing and porting in general and one is major improvements in shield bashing and STUNS! (something no one really talks about). There's a few other minor things as well like in how bombs work with bridges.

Sadly, I've also seen some setbacks like how laggy the game is and how bad the hitboxes are in general. Jabbing is extremely random in my estimation. It's nearly impossible to estimate when your opponent is going to jab half the time. Even more frustrating is that sometimes it works perfectly and you can time your opponents jabs because they're perfectly in-sync with his character. It's mind-boggling because slashes are now almost lag-free, yet jabbing and hitboxes are much worse from the previous build. Another BIG one for me is bombs and bomb jumping. Bombs are porting around REALLY bad now. It's fucking insane. Furthermore they way the bounce is suspect to even more lag. BOmb jumping now with your shield up is fucked up haaaaard too.

And finally, for good measure,

FIX THE GOD DAMN TRAP BRIDGES FROM FUCKING UP KNIGHT COMBAT

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

:dirt::dirt::dirt::spikes:
    :dirt::castle_wall::castle_wall::spikes:
    :dirt:
    :dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Invincible knight cove... camp in here under the spikes, shield, and then let other knights come to you. With shitty hitboxes all you have to worry about is being double teamed and all of that good stuff. Also there is a weird angle where if you are in a hole and guys pile up on top of you to kill you you are invincible... Idk what it is it to be honest, it keeps on changing.

GHOZT and HERaLD like this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Found that as of right now it's easier to attack under than above, wall sliding is terrible now

6. This is just a notice. There is a bug where if you bomb jump into a wall, parachute, and wall slide you...explode.

I can post all sorts of stuff whenever I get to my laptop. With pictures and things. Since I dont want to start a whole new "Knight Guide" thread.

inactive_account likes this.
  7. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

I've also noticed a big hitbox bug where if you "retreat" into a corner you cannot be hit (75% of the time). It doesn't have to be precisely like fellere posted for someone to be invulnerable. This used to only be a bug for builders, but it seems like it now effects knights too ;(

Pretty sure it effected the previous build as well.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. I've noticed it's when people are Diagonal from eachother :huh?: Like if a builder runs into a hole I can't hit him unless I jump completely on top of him, but he can hit me. Silly KAG. So weird.

Anyone wanna help me with a super huge [346] Knight Guide to post in this thread? Would be appreciated ( :

yay 300 posts, I will catch you Luigi :D

9. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

Yea, that's what I was trying to describe before when I was talking about slashes in the first paragraph of my first post. It's difficult because you really need to be further back than what might seem reasonable to end up slashing an opponent below you, but you need to be right on your opponent facing the direction in which the majority of your body is on the opposite end of theirs to jab. I speculate this is because the slash's hitbox is further away from your character which results in your slash going "over" (or on the opposite half of the hitbox were jabbing would work given your horitzontal position) the opponent. the slash is kind of like an arc, you need to place the bottom corner of that arc onto your opponent (which usually places you further away than the animation goes) to be able to hit them.

10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Something else that I've found that may have to do with knight combat. I've only played archer now, but I find it really easy to kill knights who are shielding up for some reason, mainly because I don't take any damage from them. If I stand on top of a knight who's shielding up like this:

:p :bow: <Me
    :QQ: :sword: <enemy knight

I can just jump repeatedly on top of them and spam arrows without taking any damage even if they try to jab me. Either the hit box is strange, or I've been really lucky simply due to the fact that I've done about 30 times already and have taken 0 damage every single time while the other person hates me for being an archer.

11. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

Unless I am missing something those Knights are just unskilled. The only times when I lose to an archer 1v1 in a duel format is when they have a lot of things to grapple and climb on. Just jumping up and down wouldn't do it...

12. No he's right the hitbox is off or something. I'm a horrible archer and I've done it before. It could be the knight getting stun but he's right, it's really hard to hit him.

13. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Terrible? A death sentence :s Almost always die while doing it unless I can manage to "hop" on and off while shield gliding. Which does not always work

With the whole hit boxes above you, when you're in a 2 wide hole you are at a huge disadvantage in many ways.
    :castle_wall: :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

I can't ever ever hit shit when in one. Jabbing almost never does me good unless I am to kinda bunny hop while jabbing at an angle on the outside of the hole. (did that make sense?) Best bet I have is to try and bunny hop up and try to stun them with a shield up when they bring the slash down on me. Works on pubs but a skilled player that can slash well will probably win. Sometimes when you do get hit you get stunned and fall back down but don't get hit by the second slash giving you time to get out.

Though if I am in vertical two wide tunnel area like this:
    jabbing up I never seem to have a problem? I'm not sure why. As long as there isn't a platform for them to slash down at me from I feel it works? Maybe I am just crazy and not paying enough attention in the heat of combat.