1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[349] Structure Overview

Discussion in 'Builder' started by killatron46, Feb 12, 2012.

1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This thread will contain useful structures from the builder sub-forum. I will copy pictures in here and provide links to their respective threads.

If you want to vote for a structure to be added here, simply like it. I will put structures with enough likes or that are deemed useful in here to give builder novices and interested people something to look at.

Try posting only one structure/concept per thread.

Discussions about the structures should be held in this thread if they are pre-build[349], some of the threads from which these designs came from are outdated, but the designs still hold true.

-[​IMG]-[​IMG]-[​IMG]-[​IMG]
    ------Shredder------Acavado Spikes---------Basic Workshops---------
    [​IMG]-[​IMG]
    -----------------------------Rhino--------------------------------------------------------------Auri Surprise--------------------------
    [​IMG]-[​IMG]-[​IMG]-[​IMG]-[​IMG]-
    ---6 Linepiece Variations----Boost Pad How-to-----------Hill-Massacre---------------Strathos-Repairable-Base-----

All of these threads have useful information, if you have any questions, or wish to submit your own designs. Go ahead and post on this thread. Be sure to like the designs in their threads!

Attached Files:

tomas103, Rambo, SARGRA13 and 4 others like this.
  2. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Trapmaster is extrimely outdated.As most of these structures to be honest.

3. killatron46

The trap master is still applicable, as a concept, I thought the old pictures still showed how they would work though. The Rhino is a decent structure and I modified the basic workshops slightly to show the 4 shops instead of previously 3.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Hill Massacre still works, but instead of a single block you have to sacrifice many. Here's a design that currently does the job, drawn with paint cause can't play KAG atm:
    kaakka.PNG
    So yeah bascially a design like that, you can vary it by the needs but that's quite effective and gives archers good cover and yet a good angle.

5. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this has been an educational experience for you

SARGRA13, Contrary and Rayne like this.
  6. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Can you explain with some... text, and not just with a beardy bee.

7. killatron46

Yes, I'm not really sure I understand. You're saying you want stone under your bridges? (then you can't fire arrows at people below)?

Funny illustration though.

PS. For anyone that didn't know, Neit means no and Da means yes.

8. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

Equally confused by sani's post.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'm guessing this is relevant back from the build when you needed supports for bridges or something? (not to sure on how that worked since I'm a new fag and didn't play then.)

The only thing I can see that's useful is that if the back tower falls, the stone will crush people, but at that point if I wanted to that, I'd just make the top bridge of stone which would still be a bad idea because of bomb jumpers. I guess it's somewhat harder to ladder up to the first part of the tower (not really that much though, you just have to stack them from the ground) Also, that bottom picture as Killatron said, prevents archers from shooting through it which makes it weak defensively. If knights get through the front tower in the first picture, archers can help hold them off by shooting at them from above and it'd allow friendly knights to shield bash them as well. Second picture completely denies that, so I can't see why the second pic is good.

10. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

The second structure doesn't slow people down. I view that as being important.

11. killatron46

I have updated this thread, Acavado would you be so kind as to change the build number to 319? Thank you!;)

12. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Well, some of these look outdated, but...They got workshops so, i guess they're not.

13. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

Surely some of these need to be altered now that you can only jump onto traps one block above where you stand now?

14. killatron46

What do you mean? I'm not quite sure I understand. I update this thread every now and again when I see a new design pop up in the builder sub forum, or when a major update comes out.

15. godragon

godragon Catapult Fodder

He's talking about how in the older versions you could place a trapdoor 3 blocks high and jump on to it.

Now you can only jump 2 blocks high so some of these structures don't work.

JimmyNic likes this.
  16. killatron46

Ahh . . . I'll fix this later today. :D Thank you for pointing that out!
    </br>--- merged: Mar 21, 2012 12:29 AM ---</br>
    Added Linepiece's back in, and an illustration on "boost pads" or vaulty bridges as I've been calling them recently.

17. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well I call my building the "Stem building" as it originates from this:
    :castle_wall: Now with is structure there is a lot you can add I usually add this: see --> HERE<--
    :door:It doesn't have to be that extravagant as the picture in the thread but you can differ a lot to your personal needs.
    :door:
    :castle_wall:
    :door:

Attached Files:

HERaLD likes this.
  18. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Uhh is that suggesting your structure to be added? Because we're doing this based on likes and such.

Ej, killatron46 and GHOZT like this.
  19. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

The "rhino" looks like a very good build. However, i think having team bridges in the front limits an archers ability to hit enemies near the bottom. Having team doors built into the face of the first leg is a better option.

killatron46 likes this.
  20. killatron46

The ideal option would be in the thread discussed HERE. Kouji found that this is the best combination for the front of your tower:

[​IMG]
    To adjust for this build, Lower the door and the ladder by 1 for maximum height, or 2 for speed.

I know that is the better option, but the structures on this thread aren't perfect, and they are placed there as quick references for a new person to the forums. Thank you for pointing that out though!