1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[354] Creille Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Creille, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

This is my building ive gotten alot of ideas to make and such:

:castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg: :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::door: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::spikes::door: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::spikes::bridge::door: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::spikes::bridge::spikes::castle_wall: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::spikes::bridge::spikes::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :spikes::bridge::spikes::castle_wall::castle_wall::door:
    :bridge::spikes::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :spikes::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::door:

there is back walling in the one way tunnel part of it. ^^^

also a few of these leading up to it are always good:

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg:
    :bridge::castle_bg::bridge:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg:

Unnamed-player likes this.
  2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The only problem I can see with that, is derps will not understand it most likely, as you said, and it pretty much opens a big hole in your wall for someone to toss a few bombs. Once disabled, they only have to kill 1 door to get in . . . Thus 1 knight can get in with 2-3 bombs with him, if he was determined he might also be able to collapse it as well.

I try to separate my "trap buildings" from my "towers". Because it is really hard to make an effective trap "building" work as a tower, because most of the designs evolve luring them into the center of the building, thus making is susceptible to bombs. In earlier builds bombs didn't do so much damage to back wall, and it was easier to make these trap buildings. That is still a nice tower and concept though! Work with it a little more! ;)

GHOZT likes this.
  3. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

The top should be rebuilt to shoot down into the base of the tower to kill knights. Make a simple stack of towers that start from the bottom up. The bottom tower is shorter than the tower on top of that tower. That way you have a good view of the ground below and far out into the distance. The door needs to be a little bit higher for the knight issue. Stack tons of stone into the base of any tower you build becasue it WILL get damaged by bombs over time. Replacing the face of a tower is a quick deal that takes only a few seconds. If you can make a repairable tower like other towers that would be a plus. Over all i like this beast wall of beast spikes. Remember that catapults on the ground will toss knights very high into towers. With the top slanted tower design they will fall and die most of the time.