1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[360] Knights, archers and builders.

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by D0GGY, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D0GGY

D0GGY Shipwright

Knights
    Knights are the strongest characters to battle as. They can protect theirselves with their shields from above, beside (left or right) , diagonally down (left or right) . They can protect archers with their shield while they are shooting an enemy. Knights can also protect builders with their shield. Knights cannot build or shoot. They can slash by holding down the left button on your mouse.
    Knights cannot mine the following:
    • Stone
    • Bedrock
    • Spikes
    Archers
    Archers are about the second strongest characters to battle as. They do not have a shield, therefore they have to try and protect theirself by being slightly hidden, or in a farely dark spot. Archers can only mine dirt (and trees) , and it takes longer than builders or knights to mine dirt/trees. Archers can climb trees and shoot from there, they can also mine a tree. However, if an archer is in a certain tree and an enemy or ally starts mining the tree the archer is in, they will fall of. Usually if it's your ally that does it they don't do it on purpose. Otherwise, vote to kick that player. Archers cannot slash or build. Archers can mine trees to gather arrows.
    Archers cannot mine the following:
    • Stone
    • Bedrock
    • Ladder
    • Team Door
    • Trap Bridge
    • Gold (not so sure)
    • Spikes
    and possibly a few others I may have forgotten.

Builders
    Builders are the least strongest characters to battle at. However, they are very helpful to knights and archers, probably mainly knights. Builders can mine about everything but bedrock (no character can mine bedrock) . Usually builders don't even try to fight. If an enemy is rushing to the builder to kill him, the builder would most likely retreat. They can mine a trap bridge owned by their enemy. Most of the builders you see in King Arthur's Gold would be mining gold, stone, dirt or trees. Builders are the fastest miners. Builders cannot slash or shoot.
    Builders cannot mine the following:

• Bedrock

Most of you would know all this, especially if you are premium. Thank you if you read all or most of this.

@Kouji, it's help WITH classes & mechanics.

butterscotch likes this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Moved to Classes and Mechanics since it doesn't fit in help at all.

Yeah, it's kind of known, since this entire section of the forum is dedicated to it.

Doesn't matter. If that were true, then these wouldn't be here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/list-of-guides-and-tutorials.5022/

I3lue and Yagger like this.
  3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I dont really see the use of this, after all, we have a wiki and 4 forums dedicated entirely. And even then, most of our community is premium and knows all this.

4. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

I think archers are now the strongtest cause they spam their arrows and kill tons of people. Knights can't reach perched archers so in a way; archers win. The onlhy downside is when they run out of arrows.

5. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Archers ranged attack is arrows
    Knights ranged attack is bombs
    I think its fair... then there's builders.

6. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Builders have a range atack

catas
    droppoing stone blocks (count as range??)

7. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yeah, because cata's are totally not expensive and very mobile.

8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

It doesnt matter if the cata is not very mobile:
    the stones are!
    and expensive depends on the way you see it:
    its only one single tree, and some rocks.
    the money is gained while mining and cutting.
    takes you one minute max.

9. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

But it needs gold for a workshop.
    Its quite expensive and easily destroyed, and 'some' rocks, it needs quite alot to fire.

10. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

I feel you've really made builder seem like a bad class.

11. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Just talking about there attack, if we didn't have builders we'd be stuffed.

12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

True dat.
    Builder is my most played class, i'm just saying catapults arent exactly convienent rocket launchers of doom and destruction.
    You usually need an established base for them.

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

established base:
    :spikes::castle_wall: :down: X6

14. CoD

CoD Haxor

I'd have to agree and say you have made builder seem as a boring class that doesn't get any kill, I mean knight can't build epic structures that protect your tent. Also archers can't make spike traps that kills of half the enemy team. Builder is incredibly fun class to play as and you don't want people that are new to this game to be discouraged to play builder.

15. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Not really helpful and very subjective :(

But thanks anyway ;)

16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

knights can mine stone.

17. BeenCarl

BeenCarl Catapult Fodder

Honestly archers have to be stronger considering they don't have topay for their arrows. And if your a noob bombs only go 2-4 blocks

butterscotch likes this.
  18. As many have said before, archer are easily the strongest in battle especially now that Beta has been released(:yes:) and archers can slaughter knights from behind, but apart from that I think it is all quite true and useful(even though I could just look it up on the wiki) but I personally don't use the wiki so I have learnt things that I wouldn't know if not for this thread so thank you:D.

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Archers are stronger.
    Knights CAN beat archers, but only in open areas.
    For some strange reason, archer seems to be more powerful in tunnels and inside towers than knights in beta.
    And most archers use that to their advantages.
    And even in open areas they can just try to jump and backstab someone, it's not as hard as you'd think...

This is the most useless guide I've ever seen.
    It's not a bad guide, but it's not needed. not even in the slightest.

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.