1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inactive_account, Apr 23, 2012.

?

Do you like the new resource counter?

1. Yes

30.4%
  2. No

69.6%
  1. -

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
  2. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

It's fine, I don't really see why it would bother anyone much. It definitely didn't bother me :).

GHOZT likes this.
  3. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

it's fine but it seems unnecessary. it's easier to see what you have right now by looking at your amount of resources, than it is to look at the little changing number to the right of those resources and work out how many you're going to have in a second. bit of a pointless change imo.

Beef, inactive_account and Pizza like this.
  4. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Communities* I think it was fine before the update. At the same time i'm happy more bugs have been fixed.

inactive_account likes this.
  5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Im still on the fence about this change, Im all for change but the resource counter might just be a bit too different for me.

6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I've not played with it yet, but by initial thought when I saw it in the changelog was why this change couldn't be applied to just the resources you'd recently collected, while your total resources increase as normal? So instead of mining 50 stone when you already have 10 and having it say 10+50 , It'd say 60+50. My theoretical maths is pretty good but my mental arithmetic is appalling so I can imagine been easily confused by this for a little while, although maybe it might do me some good. The idea behind it is cool though.

JacKD and inactive_account like this.
  7. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

The new counter should be an option in the menu, for me it seems some what counter intuitive because the actual amount of stone you have is added once you stop mining, rather than having it constantly chage. This leads to me mining too much stone, previously relying on seeing that little bit of red in the corner of the screen, which can no longer indicate whether I hit the 250 limit.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It would be just fine with me if the numbers began increasing the moment you mined the material, instead of waiting a second, which is a period of time that is just slightly shorter than the time between chopping tree segments, making the counting of gathered wood a math nightmare as random portions get added with each jab. The delay is absolutely awful looking with very limited items like bombs and arrows; I see the number of bombs in my inventory as important as my health.

Neat, Contrary and inactive_account like this.
  9. wilfred

wilfred Shipwright

I find it quite pointless, but at times when the enemy has almost killed me and is still trying to kill me, I find it better to receive the rescouces instantly. At times I found my self waiting for the arrows to go up so i can shoot, but when they did a knight threw a bomb at me...

10. -

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
  11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I reckon it is stylish and adds style, like MM said, it will take a while to get used to, it has only been one day, and I like how the numbers count down, it actually didn't bother me my first round it only confused me a few times, so just some practice, but overall, good job devs.

12. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Already got used to it :P.

13. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well MM, I gave it a day, and I'm not seeing the light man.

Contrary, Gunnar and Bookmark like this.
  14. Gunnar

Gunnar Catapult Fodder

Highly dislike. Always think I have a bomb, but i sadly only have 1, -1 :(

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It makes absolutely no sense for bombs and arrows.
    Coming up next: a little -1 appears next to your hearts when you get hit, so that you can admire the stylish numbers counting down as you are in close, fast-paced combat!

16. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I agree, I don't consider it user-friendly.
    I would rather the main counter updates as usual and you get this new counter as a secondary 'recent changes to resource count' tracker. Best of both worlds.

17. Garreth

Garreth Catapult Fodder

Maybe if the numbers would turn from green/red to normal faster, it would "feel" better.

18. CoD

CoD Haxor

I was going to say that :)
    Just because it sounds professional

19. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Hell no.
    :argh:
    :>:(:

Now I have to do math or wait before the counters count to see what I got. Where the hell do you people get these ideas anyway?

inactive_account and CoD like this.
  20. CoD

CoD Haxor

MATH...so I went to school to learn how to add to play KAG...well at least math isn't completely worthless. :argh: