1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[3Team] AKA CTF + Trolls

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by BlueLuigi, Dec 22, 2011.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Note: Just like 5Team this is nothing special, this one however is modified to work with these maps that I made that are just CTF maps with a possibility for the third team to have a little 'fun' ;)
    I only posted it in case people were curious as green is treated slightly different to blue/red here and is not just copypaste.

Simple concept, blue and red play CTF, green team trolls. Everyone has lives, green team may be a little OP.

Some limits to green team that should be known:
    Green can walk on blue drawbridges, not red.
    Green can make red team items, but not blue.
    Green cannot open red or blue doors.
    Green cannot break blue doors.

Green always spawns top center it seems.

In your download you should find the following:
    ./Rules/3CTF
    ./Maps/FFA
    ./Scripts/3CTF

The entire thing can be uploaded to your Base folder and will fall where it needs to be, including the dedicated_autoconfig. Inside of the Scripts folder there is a 3CTF folder, this has the mapcycle file, you can leave this where it is, this is so that it doesn't mess with your current mapcycle file, and I keep all of mine this way.

Attached Files:

• 3CTF.zip
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
    goodyman8, Noburu and Rayne like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Based on the limits to green, I assume that green can also take blue's flag but not red's.

Of course if they can, green can't turn it in, but it does make it unable for red or blue to win by flag capture.

3. BlueLuigi

They can take both flags, they can turn both in (but it wouldn't count as a score for them I'm assuming, could be wrong, will test)

4. BlueLuigi

A limitation with some of the maps I'm trying to fix is to make blue/red simply unable to reach green's OPs, that seems not always possible as a lot of people mistake green's troll with 'let's grief!', and I've had to kick a few of those idiots who throw the OP off and go "ok sry I'll stop xD", but they seem to be everywhere anyway.

Hoping the new map format allows for anyone messing around with more than 2 teams to be able to place a tent for extra teams, and doors/bridges/etc :v The colors would be automatically generated as they are for red anyway -shrug-.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Make sky really tall.
    Give green a giant tower supported by backdirt, no archer spots, just a straight wallslide down into the action.
    On. Every. Map.
    Tedious, I know, but really the only choice that seems available with the current map format.

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

The issue with that is that since both sides have builders, as long as there is a way to get wood, they can ladder up anywhere. Maybe instead of an outpost, you could use the natural spawn point at the top, and make that just really hard to get to instead, while still allowing green to get around. Or just make trees more scarce and have everyone spawn with a couple of arrows so that archers can still be used.

Green Trolling with red and blue makes battles more interesting and more infuriating.

7. Rayne

Exactly what I meant.
    But they need an outpost also, to change class.

8. VIPdeNTG

VIPdeNTG Shipwright

Just re-spawn point not found.
    If we know green teams re-spawn point color...

9. Rayne

They actually don't even have a spawn yet.