1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[422] Trap bridge vault

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Oscar355, Jun 17, 2012.

?

Have you ever been annoyed by this same topic?

1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
  1. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Okay. I'm sorry If I have posted this in the wrong section, or if this has already been posted, but I assume it hasn't because it's come up in the game multiple times.
    I'm sure many of us have seen something simmilar to this:

screen-12-06-17-12-54-31.png

well, what I find realy annoying how people don't know that the trap bridges down the bottom are all you need. As you run towards the trap bridges, hold W and A for the one on the right, and for the one on the left, hold W and D.
    You must press these keys when you are directly BELOW the trap bridge. Not on top of it, BELOW, it. I am sorry if this is obvious for some people, but after seeing this :down: so many times, I thought I might bring it up.

screen-12-06-17-13-08-29.png

The funny thing is, I walk away to get resources, and when I come back, suddenly there 10 more trap bridges. If you do not know this already, a word of warning to you. Pay attention and don't add the extra trap bridges, or this will happen:

:blank::blank::blank::>:(::bow:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::door::castle_wall::door:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::door::castle_wall::door:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::sword::skull::blank::hammer::skull::blank::bow::skull:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

Piano, KnightGabe13, Saverous and 3 others like this.
  2. Arcite

Arcite Horde Gibber

The people that don't understand this are usually the people that don't use the forums. :(

Piano, Gofio, Bammboo and 9 others like this.
  3. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

True. What's also funny is, it dosn't happen if I stand there giving a demonstration to everyone who passes by.:blank::p

4. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

My friend found out before me, he doesn't even have a forum account.

5. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Ok. Oh, can we try to tell this to anyone who dosn't read the forums? cus it's really annoying.

6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Btw, someone brought up once a really "easy" solution to this I forget who though.

If you build them like this:

:castle_wall:
    :door:
    :castle_wall::bridge:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

They automatically vault on it, because "most" people hold W on their way up, and they can't get on the 2nd bridge so they are forced onto the first one and . . . Viola! Bridge vaulted up. ;)

Piano, GreenRock, cmblast and 6 others like this.
  7. Funny thing about this thread is a fact that actually this building is better with more trapbridges since they prevent spamming red bridges/ladders/stone blocks to block your entrance.
    And they don't even harm your launch pad since they are not connected with it.

Gofio likes this.
  8. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

That works, and is a good idea, but the problem is, if you only have 40 wood and 50 stone, you cant build that so yah. I think the main thing is getting those people who dont know how to vault a lesson on vaulting.

Edit:

Actually, this gave me an idea, If someone could contact the devs, they could add it into the tutorial. I don't know if it would be accepted but...

9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

But as far as using them and having people not know how to do it is annoying, making two bridges like that will at least make it easier to explain how to use them.

Ninja'd basically, lol.

10. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

To spam those objects, it would require a builder. A smart builder would disable the pads and easily make their way up. When I play as builder, I can damage, and then convert trap bridges fairly quickly.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 17, 2012 8:29 AM ---</br>
    hmm, true, but I know that some people won't realise what they see, and won't know what to do when there is only one.

11. CoD

CoD Haxor

I really hate it when someone puts more bridges. One thing that happened to me was I made a simple linepiece with a boostpad and some nub builder build more bridges, when I destroyed them he instantly said 'CoD GRIEFER! KICK HIM!'. Thankfully I wasn't kicked but still...

Duke2die4 and Arcite like this.
  12. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Wow, thats nasty. It just goes to show that some people could lose their memory and become smater. Only some people, though.

13. CoD

CoD Haxor

Haha indeed they could.

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Bombs make a fast way up if you have more bridges. You should focus on archers shooting builders and your knights taking them out and then just make your front as knight proof as possible.

In any case, yes this has been posted before, but a second time couldn't hurt given how basic yet not known it is.

15. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Yep. Thats why there is only one bridge at bottom, as to prevent knights getting up using bombs, and also this "see picture 1 in the original post" can be customised to allow more floors, and better archer angles. Also, that is why I hate people doing this: "see picture 2" to this: "see picture 1". I mean seriously, 1, it wastes rescources and 2, it means oponents are more likely to get up.

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

No, bridges above the height of two tiles are bad since knights can break them, and get into your castle without even having to use bombs.

17. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

This is another reason why I hate it when people do this. Sometimes I don't see them do it and suddenly I'm killed by a knight. When we recapture the building, I see what people have done.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Bridges underwater are the same.

Whenever you put down a bridge make sure the area under it is pure stone so that a knight will need to waste at least 2 bombs breaking in. On the floor is honestly best as it's very hard to slash open a door from a full vault like that.

Furthermore you will note something similar with door notching, moving up 1 spacers is very easy but also easy to break for the enemy, put it at 2 and it is much MUCH harder for the enemy but you are inconvenienced only a little.

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This is most often the best solution. Note that the doors are at the height of 8 blocks = players jumping out won't get stunned.

:dirt::castle_wall::dirt:

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I would add an extra bridge just so that newbies won't start complaining:
    :dirt::castle_wall::dirt:
    That way, they can still make the jump without vaulting, but it's still safe against knights.
    I like this, but if you do it, please don't make the first notch on the very bottom row like this:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::door:
    Start on the third row like so:
    because it is:
    1) slightly harder for enemy knights to break (although it doesn't matter that much)
    2) much easier to climb up for teammates (imo)

It's even worse when someone spaces them three apart (meaning you have to perfectly through all of them in one go, or you're stuck: