1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] Shield Surfing vs Double Slashing

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Saverous, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Shield Surf or Powerslash?

1. Shield Surf

12.8%
  2. Powerslash

28.2%
  3. I like Pie {pick this if your just a troll}

48.7%
  4. Neither

2.6%
  5. Both

7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Hi people, just recently i have discovered that shield surfing may be a viable solution to endless power-slashing enemies. So I would just like a consensus on what you people think. Feel free to add some more Pros and Cons

Shield Surfing:

Pros:
    It looks pro.
    stuns enemies allowing you to fit in a jab.
    You can ride multiple people.

Cons:
    you may easily ride over your enemy and eventually miss your jabs.
    The enemy kills you because you suck balls at shield surfing.

Power slashing:

Pros:
    You can add in another Power slash thus resulting in killing your enemy quickly.
    You can hit more than one person at the time.

Cons:
    If you miss, then it will take more time to charge again.
    Missing gives your opponent the time to retaliate.

SlyStalker likes this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

do you mean kag racing? where you get launched by a bomb and land shielding down, resulting in you sliding on your shield at high speeds?

if so, it isn't as viable anymore, you used to be able to slide and kill 6 people at once, hell if you land on someone's head at the right angle it'd fling you up into the air 40 blocks, land on someone else and headstomp them.

Oh how i miss those days.

//edit: now that i think about it, i think you mean that shield bash glitch, that's dirty and you're dirty for using it.

Ghozt and Contrary like this.
  3. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

I havent seen many people power slashing or sheild surfing (in fact, the last time I saw a shield surf was on Rayne's Co-op)
    Also, maybe you should add bomb surfing for archer; it's basically when you get blown up by a bomb and flung, still alive, but it allows you to fly through trees *almost* infinetley, until you hit something, but I'm not sure if its a bug.

4. Saverous

no no no! I mean surfing on multiple people, like jumping but holding your shield down thus shield bashing them and them jabbing them.
    I ain't dirty at all! much anyway....

5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I would say power slash, the fag bash is mostly dependant on the server side. Whether it is left or right based. Also, since every time I see you in game and I use slashes on you, and you tend to end up rage quiting each time.

Galabranth and Guro like this.
  6. Saverous

I don't particualry rage but half of the time, my internet crashes because i'm halfway around the world to where i'm suppose to be and the network here isn't good. Anyway, what a mean by Shield surfing is basically jumping on people and holding down shield. I don't know if you guys got the wrong message but i meant this.

7. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Shield surfing FTW. :p
    Anyway, I'll use both now that I know what Shield Surfing is, how to do it, and what it does.

EDIT: Where's the "both" option on the poll?

8. Saverous

Didn't think of that, you can't really Shield "ride" and powerslash at the same time:p

9. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I meant using both in the same match, not necessarily at the same time. Only Exid could pull that off. :p

10. Saverous

yeah, then again, you would have to be pretty pro to utilise them effectively in a match, i'm not sure if i can change the answers.

11. cleaned and locked as shield surfing is not relevant anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.