1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] Simple Overhang Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Dharven, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Dharven

Dharven Builder Stabber

Made specifically to stop offensive builders in their tracks.

Three different exits (Well, four, depending on what you would count as an exit) / tricky to ladder over / not a huge amount of resources needed to build / fairly easy schematic to memorize, in my opinion.

screen-12-07-17-19-53-48.png

There isn't really anything special about it; no kneecappers or fancy spike traps etc., but what I can say, after using it in 7 or 8 different matches, that it is definitely practical.

FG, Chinizz, Guro and 1 other person like this.
  2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Looks really basic and stable, the only thing I would change is lower the whole thing by 1 block or give yourself something to land on down below so you don't get stunned just walking out of it. (8 tiles from the ground is "the perfect" height and yours is 9). Looks nice!

3. Yeah, 9 is probably the worst height for a door you could make.
    Otherwise, it looks pretty solid.

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I so this in-game and it stood up quite fine, awesome structure.
    Again with what they said, if you were to put the whole structure down one block, then you could place a launch pad at the bottom and you would make it to the second notch a lot faster.

5. Dharven

Dharven Builder Stabber

If you take the bottom path, you won't get stunned.

I dunno, I don't want to chop the entire structure down two blocks just to cancel out a stun. This would make it quite a bit easier to ladder over, and just lower defense overall.

It's kind of a give and take. You could go either way, I guess.

6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

You only need to take it down one block remember. Or like Killa said, place a block on the floor near the entrance.

If you want to sop laddering, make an overhang somewhere along the way (Probably the top) of 4 or more blocks, 4 blocks or overhang cannot be conquered, unless the builder breaks the overhang.

7. if this is to stop a builder, then you will definitely need a knee capper. just saying.

edit: (to below)
    if the tower's main aim is to simply stop a builder, then you would need a knee capper, you can at least get in a few shots before the knee capper is blocked up, many offensive builders walk straight into a knee capper and cannot put a stone block there due to the trap bridge falling down, to put a stone, you need to walk back (or if you are already there) and then put a block below or above it then block it up, or destroy the trap bridge and replace with stone, however the latter takes longer and therefore most use the above.

however, using this technique to block the capper will push the builder back one block (which is quite alot) and would hinder the termite builder quite alot, and quite possibly ending in the builder's quick death.

as well as, if you are arguing that an experienced builder would block up the capper/ignore it then ladder over, the builders can simply ladder up and block the vertical arching spot and continue to ladder to the right or termite towards the left.

said this because
    well, I found you so rude that I started to grind my teeth, so hard that meat would've turned into powder.

the comments are unnecessary. exclude those, or make them less offensive. however if you wish to argue, i can continue.

8. Sorry but you are so wrong that it grinds my gears.
    Maybe knee cappers are popular on the Antipodes but civilized people learned to both disable them and toss bombs in the way which makes knee capers corridors.

Also, Strathos has developed an overhang designed to prevent builders from laddering up. But I guess he needs to learn something about knee cappers too.

9. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I think it looks good, maybe some spikes under the middle exit. You dont want catas trying to get in. :p

10. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Looks great! I'd just put down some jump pads and make the roof 1 block higher. (not the door) If you do that you could put in some beds behind the door for the archers.

11. Post updated and moved to previous in a spoiler.

12. FG

FG Fran Donator

maybe add in some stone near the team doors to collapse on knights/builders that try to get up.good job.
    you could also build at the top of the tower a nice archer spot.