1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] "T" slab wall

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Pizarro, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

[​IMG]

I decided to employ a technique that lets players vault higher distances from a tutorial I read to build this. Its your normal slab wall with a couple modifications to see if it improves value and holds players back for longer. I eventually came up with this, this should significantly slow down players unless they have a lot of bombs at hand.

I didn't want to test this on a multiplayer server yet and wanted to get some feedback. Any noticeable flaws and suggestions on how to improve it?

2. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

A well thrown bomb could hit the pal inside and do good damage, maybe adding some bridge and spikes in front of it would make it harder, and some doors on the vertical entrance would help.

3. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Yes, you can use a builder to destroy le building :(
    Actually, you could just build a vertical ladder and scale it :3

4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The idea behind your tower is a good one and everyone should strive for that. Coming up with an idea, employing it the best you can and asking the community for their opinions.

Here is my feedback: The tower looks stable from both ground and aerial attacks. However you might be able to get away with reducing the thickness of the stone on the roof, as it is rarely used. A way to get on top would also help. One problem that may occur is newer players killing themselves trying to get in, if you jump before you get under the bridge you will die on the spikes.

Usually it is good to use a boost pad (jumping 6 spaces with a bridge) as an alternate way to get up, like so:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::blank::blank::bridge:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Like this, inexperienced players can still get up but it also allows you to get in using the boost pad too. {The two bridges along the wall also "teach" less experienced players how to use the boost pad).

Also as Sitanel pointed out, adding bridges greatly reduces damage on your tower because they block bomb damage to a certain extent.
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :door::bridge::door:
    :door::bridge::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    If you do this, when a bomb explodes while the doors are open the first layer of doors will die and the bridges will be damaged, leaving the second layer of doors (even if they're open) still intact. They also protect your guys from dying from bombs as well so that helps a ton!

Hope that gives you some ideas! I could also show you a picture if you want. ;)

Riletyface and Ghozt like this.
  5. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

[​IMG]

Alright, here's the second design. Took your advice and added boost pads, reduced thickness on top, and filled top area (including between the doors) with trap bridges. Better?

Also, is it a good idea to add a foundation of stone? It would stop enemies from simply digging right under the wall.

Rayne and MrJinkies like this.
  6. MrJinkies

MrJinkies Horde Gibber

11o1.jpg

This is what i would take from your structure feel free to improve yours but all i added was those front plats so archers have a good point to stand on to protect downwards and that top exit cause one way in and out tends to be a buildings weak spot and ultimately a game changer seeming as your own team is now halted by its own building being inaffective though as killa said good idea just needs a little testing and work then you can call it perfect :D (note the missing back wall was just so u could see inside)

Rayne and jerloch like this.
  7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Yes, and foundation stone is always a good idea, however don't go overboard. Most of the time a few stones will detour most tunneling:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall:
    Use what ever bedrock you can too, that really helps.

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm glad to see the use of jump pads

9. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll give the design a test and see how it turns out.