1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] A small creation but very affective.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by RampageX, Sep 29, 2012.

1. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

• no build number, wrong section
    What do you guys think of this creation?
    screen-12-09-29-08-56-38.png

Beepo likes this.
  2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Its too easy to bypass, will take around 6 wood, 3 knights, or 1 bomb to get on that stone thing.

inactive_account likes this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I do not see any love emanating from this tower.

dragon4045, Froghead48 and Ej like this.
  4. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

It's not an overly good building, but if you can throw this together during the build phase it can serve as a good enough one to stall while you repair/build more.

Shadreki and RampageX like this.
  5. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Bad building, preferable buildings are ones that just have sheer walls facing the enemies, otherwise it's too easy for bomb jumpers and stacking knights to circumvent the structure. That little bump there too gives excellent cover from your archers when the enemy decides to termite.

Keep trying, that 1 way entrance if flipped, could be quite effective.

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

it hurts my eyes....

a good player can land on the overhang, and take out the doors.

its too easy to break the doors at the bottom, because they are too low:
    the enemy can even hit them this way, and after that, they can use it too.

ONE builder can take this whole structure down, in less than one minute,
    and if he would want to take it over, it'd only take him ten seconds to place a wall on your side.
    even worse, is that that would make it of more use to the enemy, than to your own team.
    to make this a good structure, flip this around, and build a wall in front of it

7. RampageX

Hurtful but thanks for responding though...:archer:

8. Peterpiper

Peterpiper Catapult Fodder

at that tree ur standing archers can i use that to climb up your tower sorry if i am saying it " SUCKS"

Well i am not saying it " SUCKS"

Good Luck making a better ToWER that is "AWSOME"

9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I am. :p

sorry, but this structure is easily destroyed,
    has poor defenses and archerspots,
    and is quite expensive for such a little thing.

on the bright side, however, one has to admit that this structure will 100% sure NOT be taken over, ever.
    because its simply not worth the time it takes to do that.

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Let's forget about knights and bombs, no traps should be a finnished and polished creation, it has to be in a possible constant change. Bombs delete sooner or later all kind of traps, and if the knight is good he can bypass easily. Any enemy builder can come and place some ladders or simple change the trap bridge for the benefit of his team. But let's assume that, since it's part of the game.
    Afaik, the perfect and lethal trap is always an ephimeral creation, it can always be damaged, changed or deleted, or human laddered*. If you've seen Strathos in action, he's sometimes like camping in one small castle of his own, changing and replacing constantly, moving spikes here or there.

I think that instead of focusing at the building itself, we should comment on how a builder has to use it. From my point of view, the pit idea is nice, you could put 1 small door for archers to shoot standing 1 tile below the ground, but the upper part needs to be at the same line as the doors are so that it will be harder for the enemies to climb. Put some archer spots too, to shoot directly down, and to shoot to the trees

Contrary and RampageX like this.
  11. RampageX

Thanks very much 8x I love your response it wasn't harsh like every other response and I will add what you told me to add.
    Once again thanks. :)

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Its not harsh really, it would be hard if someone came up and said "what the hell is this ***".
    Criticism might be seen as harsh but its what you post it here for isnt it?
    I have to admit though what I posted wasn't exactly a great idea for improvement.

RampageX likes this.
  13. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

EVERY other response? How did my response seem harsh, or does my opinion not count? :huh?:

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I can tell you havent read my last post yet...
    =3
    I may have been a bit harsh indeed,
    but, sorry to say so, your creation kinda sucks... (not talking to goodyman anymore =3 )
    You've probably built this in the free resources time, in which you should have prepared a good defense,
    since its directly in front of the tent,
    so it has to be very good.
    unfortunately, you building is not very good.
    it may be a nice building to have if you can make it in a minute, when you need some quick wall to stop the enemies for a while,
    but to use it as your main tower, or any other important one, would be suicide.