1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] Forces Updated Base Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Force, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

This is a design I came up with for the near tent tower. Its a more refined version of my other one. The tower in the picture is in Build 514.
    screen-12-10-05-14-51-17.png

Archer Nest: The trapdoors hide the archers from the enemies view. Archers dont have to expose their whole body to shoot the enemy. There is also a door on the floor of the nest that allows archers to shoot any knights camping in the trap.
    Catapult Nest: The ladders allow stone to pass them and the catapult fits very well in it.
    Health Shop: The health shop is located in a convenient location beside the archer nest. This allows archers to easily heal themselves.
    Spike Trap: This might not be one of those epicly awesome looking traps but don't underestimate it's effectiveness. It not only a spike trap, it prevents enemy knights from digging the team door and making a foothold.
    Archer Nest: The trapdoors hide the archers from the enemies view. Archers dont have to expose their whole body to shoot the enemy. There is also a door on the floor of the nest that allows archers to shoot any knights camping in the trap.
    Catapult Nest: The ladders allow stone to pass them and the catapult fits very well in it.
    Health Shop: The health shop is located in a convenient location beside the archer nest. This allows archers to easily heal themselves.
    Spike Trap: This might not be one of those epicly awesome looking traps but don't underestimate it's effectiveness. It not only a spike trap, it prevents enemy knights from digging the team door and making a foothold.
    Spikes next to Cata Nest: These prevent bomb jumpers.
    Stone Backing: These make the enemy unsure onto whats there and also reinforce the structure.
    Spike on trapbridge: If the enemy do make it up they will propell themselves onto this spike because of the trapbridge under the door thats on the right to the spike on the trapbridge.

Thats pretty much all of it. Please Critique this building, give your opinion and post comments!

Attached Files:

2. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

The spike trap doesn't work, as knights can just jump into the middle.

kl4060 likes this.
  3. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Actually it does work, ill try to modify it. If a knight lands on the middle of it they will be damaged by 2 spikes.

4. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

try to put the build number in the title. It stops you from getting warnings.

5. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

No they won't, i tested it ^-^

kl4060 and Bammboo like this.
  6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I did put the build number in the top line of text. 514... //no, they mean in the title, of the thread, not the top of the post itself. Edited to make it correct ~ Kouji
    </br>--- merged: Oct 8, 2012 6:35 AM ---</br>
    Its instakill if they land on it from at least 4 blocks high. Once i put a ledge next to the trap and a few knights vaulted on the ledge and instantly died when they landed on the trap. They were even wall sliding on the tower wall!

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. FG

FG Fran Donator

Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 7.19.23 PM.png Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 7.22.44 PM.png termites can easily run up to the building and block themselves in.

-------------------------------------:up: archers can shoot the termites when attempting to collapse the tower.

8. Force

Force Shark Slayer

True, but using that archer hole makes the tower very vulnerable to bombs. I have tried using that on towers and they have easily been destroyed by a knight with a few bombs. Where do you suggest i put this? Im confused...

FG likes this.
  9. FG

FG Fran Donator

Maybe you could make it longer or try another trap like this. knights might be able to dig under it though.
    Screen shot 2012-10-15 at 9.44.09 PM.png :left:

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Yes but it also makes it alot more vulnerable to bombs. And provides a premade tunnel to the tent.

11. GreenArrow17

GreenArrow17 Shark Slayer

like the last one,add cata hood for protection and definatly add kneecapper to stop termites and piss off nites.

12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

What is a kneecapper? And i will add the hood for the cata.

13. GreenArrow17

@force: a kneecapper is a one block slit that archers can fire through,they are very effective at killing nites as they ladder up on walls.they also make it harder for a builder to termite through ur wall.if u want an exaple look at franks post a few above;make sure the door is faceing to ur team.

they have to be that hight

wat they do is allow for archers to fire through while the bridges protect them from bombs and support the wall.

while thefy are effective they provide a weak spot for bombs :(

14. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Could u give me a link

15. GreenArrow17

as in a link to a guide or the post?.the post is like five above this post by frankomaster.i do not no of a guide for kneecappers try searching it

16. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i have the problem that trees allow archers to get close to the tower use tree limmiters

:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg: this building limmits the height of trees but makes them so they are still there
    :tree::castle_bg::tree:

GreenArrow17 likes this.
  17. GreenArrow17

@stig: i dont umderstand,are u saying to block the tops off trees so archers cannot climb ova a wall? i dont understand

18. stig700

ye limmit how high the tree is so they cant get up the tower by climbing the trees

GreenArrow17 likes this.
  19. GreenArrow17

ohh i get u now so u want to keep them to prevent ladders and termites but stop archers from climbing over !!!

20. stig700

thats why its better if you use team bridges insted of background they also prevent ladders and with the new update harder to destroy

GreenArrow17 likes this.